Manual Trans for a ford 351M?

I was considering swapping out my automatic for a manual and i was wondering if ford only made a manual transmission for the 351M in the Torino. because out of all the cougars and ltds i have seen, i haven’t seen any manuals. do you guys know where any are or if its even worth it at all?

I think I read that the 351M has the same Bell housing as the 429/460, so a tranny from one of them may work. You should swap in a 351W instead!!

what is the difference betweent a windsor or a clevland? which wopuld be better? someone has a 460 a while back that he wanted to sell me for like $200 but i wasnt sure about it.

I believe the 351 Windsor is more part of the 5.0 family…I could be wrong…we need Tim Rodeheaver in here, he can probably tell you everything about all three of those motors.

Yep, the 351W is part of the Windsor small block family, including the ever popular 5.0…

Parts are way more common and somewhat cheaper for the 351W, including performance parts…that said, the Cleveland can be built into a real beast, and while I’m by no means and expert, from what I’ve read has a superior head design that can really lead to big power.

Ok don’t quote me but i think someone told me a while back that the 351m is a Windsor block with a Cleveland head. I’m not sure though.

thats a clevor. Clevelands, or cleveland headed windsors are the shit! I have yet to hear anything good about modifieds.

The 351M does not use the Windsor block, it shares a block design with the 400. The 351M is a smaller bore 400 using the same crank. The 351M/400 are physically larger and heavier engines, much like the 429/460 and it does share the bell housing bolt pattern with them, but not motor mount locations. I’ve seen these engines perform very well in trucks by increasing the compression, adding headers and installing an Eldelbrock performer intake and cam.

thanks for the info, i will definitely look into it more and perhaps i will have a little thread in the projects section sometime.