Ford Motor and Tranny

These are my Grandfather’s I’m trying to help him clean up his place. He’s got a 351 Cleveland motor with 48k original miles on it. Pulled it out of his 91 Ford Bronco and it ran fine, truck was rusted beyond repair because it just always sat in his yard. Also has the transmission with 48k original miles on it, then it broke and needed a rebuild. $2700 in repairs, may need new control module still.

Let me know if your interested and i will try to find out a price…

Wish it was a Windsor!!

Glws

whats the difference? i know they were produced in different plants, i think the timing chain is different or something?

cant be a clevlend …has to be a windsor the clevland was considered a big block i thought .oh yeah and the yr of it

its a windsor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco

They stopped making Clevelands in the '70’s.

so i was right ,lolololol …beat ya mustang fag

The Cleveland is a rather rare motor… So I would bet its a Windsor. Adam, you should pick up this motor and build it for sprayin

No, his dad should buy it and put it in the '56

Aluminum headed 427 with a 250 hit… nom nom

yeah i read the thread but didnt feel like saying anything…the cleveland motors werent considered big blocks, but have alot of the same characteristics. the 351M and 400M and the 429/460’s were the big blocks. and the heads, timing chain, and parts of the oiling and cooling are on the clevelands are different than windsor. Cleveland motor heads are huuuuuuuge, kind of a pre shot from ford to the mod motors…when i was weighing options for project notch i looked at a few, they can be made to moooooove out but theyre reallly expensive and very rare. and yes the cleveland motors were not produced past like 1982 or something along those lines.

you can build a windsor with cleveland heads- Clevor

my dad has a 460 in his 79 pickup! thing is a beast!

wow pjb you do know alil something lolol jk…but yes u are correct. those are even less common and not worth the hassle alot of guys in the michigan area do that, i know this because i belong to one of the forums out that way (there is a tonnnnnn of ford guys out there not like up here where 90 percent of guys are chevy) and a couple guys run some Clevors on that forum.