1996 GTI VR6 $1000obo keep all the bs out of the thread.

1996 vw gti vr6 with 107,xxx miles on it

FIRST OFF THE CAR NEEDS A NEW TRANNSMISSION OR A REBUILD. Being sold AS IS.

-5 speed fwd, clutch grabs good
-jetta front swap, fogs work.
-it has a neuspeed exhaust, sounds good, not to loud, but not to quiet
-neuspeed front sway bar
-neuspeed chip
-17x9 flik justice rims, tire size is 205/40R/17, the tires do not rub. all four fenders are rolled
-H&R spacers, not to sure on the size
-has a front lip and rear window spoiler
-brake pads have more then half life left and rotors are good, stops perfect, e-brake works too
-aftermarket radio, i think its kenwood
-Supersport cupkit lowering springs
-Brand new dashboard installed in august, cost $1700, i have the receipt to prove it
-New heatercore installed in october
-New oxygen sensors in october
-One little rip in the passenger seat, but other then that the interior is perfect
-alittle rust on the driver side door
-rear hatch is a different color black due to being replaced
-small crack in the rear bumper
-hatch key whole doesnt work for some reason
-sunroof, all power windows and locks
-neuspeed summer floor mats and VW winter floor mats

Im sure there is more im forgetting, shoot me an offer or pm me with any questions. here are some pictures, i do have more just ask.
Thanks Derek
716-481-0938

I thought this had a C2 Chip… way better then neuspeed. But ill vouch this car pulls hard

whats wrong with the tranny?

whats wrong with the trans

Why do you think the tranny is bad

Tranny code is CCM they sell for about 300 used. there pretty solid but will some times loose 2nd… or blow the diff.

I’m willing to bet it’s a broken axle, shift linkage, slave or master, not the tranny. Vr trannys are stout

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Also-

what is wrong with the tranny

Would be mildly interested if I knew what the deal was with the trans…

I’ve got a VR6 trans for cheap if anyone needs it who buys the car…

your right it does have the C2, i just copied and pasted from an old post sorry

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

my buddy adjusted the shift linkage todays thats not it. its grind into every gear and is rough going into 4th and 5th.

Lol, ok

does your “buddy” have any idea what he’s doing? Sounds completely like a linkage issue, maybe you should have someone more experenced with vws take a look at it before you dump it

Joe if you’re interested in a mk3 vr a friend is looking to sell his really clean 97 jetta vr for cheap. It’s from Virginia, pm me for more contact info I don’t think wonchjay checks this site often

he knows exactly what hes doing.

what is wrong with the tranny?

I can not believe how fucking stupid people are. Seriously fuck tards it is a $1000 car and you are replying “I’d be interested if I knew what was wrong with the tranny.” or other stupid shit. Worse case it needs a tranny-OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! Jewbags, it is $1000, not $10,000 or $100,000. Fucking stupid people. Some of you people on line are so fucking stupid that when I come to power I am going to implement intelligence level tests before people can breed as some of your mothers must have done drugs the entire 9 months you were in the womb.

QFT

… So whats wrong with the tranny?

Its bad.

$1000 is a great price for a vr that runs good in a clean shell. He explained whats wrong with it. Most people would try to sell the car saying “needs a shift linkage”. Honest sellers seem to always get jumped on all the time. He’s selling the car with a blown tranny.

Now after thread jacking, If you have cash to put on top of your gti check out my 1.8t passat for trade. Thanks and good luck with your sale. Sorry for venting in your thread.
Pete

Ill give you a couple bucks to trade exhausts… I would love to buy your car but I just don’t have the room for another car. Let me know, and good luck

Yea there is nothing wrong with this price.I’ve had 5 vr6’s.

well honestly i assumed the tranny was shot, but i was told by a few people that it might just be the shift linkage. the car is getting checked out wed by a certified volkswagen mechanic. i will write back wed and let yous know whats up with it.

So i saw and drove this car the other day. other then grinding into reverse it shifted ok… but it grinds at even a complete stand still… makes me think the clutch isnt fully engaging.
I really dont think its the transmission, the shifter box looks solid, but the shifter linkage on the transmission looks warn. the car only has 100k and runs so solid, just minor issues and a shock tower replacment and it would be a solid car.

Weld in shock tower
Replace O ring on Power steering pump
rear motor mount (he has just needs to be installed) (could also be causing shifter issues or possibly bent something as the motor moves ALOT.
fix shifter linkage

But its defiantly a good Great for 1k