1997 3000GT VR4 vs. 2002 Mustang GT Supercharged

So I just feel like I should share this story with everyone because it makes me happy lol. This kid that I recently have disassociated myself from went out and bought a 2002 Mustang GT for like 14K. He dosent really know that much about cars so I didnt get to worked up over it when he told me it was really fast. We raced and he lost, by a lot. Mind you my car is stock except for a K&N. So then he takes out $5000 for a Vortec Supercharger and gets it installed. He calls me up out of the blue to go to Lebanon and I agree. His best run is a 13.9 and I smoke him with a 13.6. So after a total of almost $6K in mods he still loses against my stock VR4. He went home and I havent heard from him since. Now I know that his car is capable of better times but with the current setup he has with absolutey so supporting mods its just as good as stock. This isnt a hobby you get into if you dont take the time to know what your doing, otherwise you waste your time and money. I feel bad for him in a way, but then again I dont…sorry mustang guys…

hahaha nice

we need a dedicated pwner on this board…hm…

.3 isn’t smoked but nice win.

Something is wrong with his car or him driving for him to run that with a blown Mustang even if he doesn’t have any other mods.

You’re bone stock? 13.6 is impressive. I ran a bone stock 13.7 with a K&N intake.

ill race the 'stang and the vr4 in my family sedan from Japan ;D

What car?

lol, I take on ur “family sedan from japan” then.
VR4 cant lose, haha

His name and avatar and the post in reader’s rides, kinda gives it away :stuck_out_tongue:

Civic is a family car? :slight_smile:

Nah, since when? The EG civic was designed as a 10 second performance platform lol