whats this? a running vr4?!? ummm yes

well i havent been on here in a long time, but YES my vr4 runs! :smiley: my dad and i put some longgg hours into it, but it all payed off! i’ve been seeing alot of sweet cars out lately around here: quite a few at hvcc actually! (one sick intergra, and a few gti’s are all i saw) anyways, heres some random little snap-shots (ignore the 4x4 status lol i’m workin on that!)

i’ll have to take some better shots sometime soon lol thanks for looking!

Congrats and I am glad the cars been working out for ya

Damn, I want one of those… lol

tick tock tick tock tick tock

88 minutes :rofl

sell it, before it stops running again!!! :rofl :rofl looks good though.

lose the SL wheels.

holy fucking huge pics batman!
good to hear that you got it running

Looks good, but not feeling the wheels.

Roads? Where we’re going, we dont need roads. :lol

A rare specimen indeed.

tell me about it! hahah my dad just about splooged when we almost had it on the road last fall and bought them off ebay :confused: i plan on some rota p45r’s in the future :stuck_out_tongue: (and im gonna cut the springs down if it still looks 4x4-esk lol)

Cut the springs??? :ohnoes
Buy some Tein springs ~$200

yup and yup

Are these cars really all that bad if you leave them stock?

or are they just blowing up all the time because everyone who buys one tries to achieve warp speed

I had two VR4’s and daily drove them, modded. They get a bad rap because of morons who mod them with cheap parts without supporting mods.

One things I can say for sure as a con is, they SUCK to do any sort of DIY work on. Holy fuck.

I’ve got a friend with a VR4 that he has been putting work into for about a year. Added HIDs, recently bigger turbos (don’t know the specs) intercooler, new clutch, and probably some other stuff. He also got a set of reconditioned OEM chrome 18s and a new paint job with the factory dark green. I’ve been trying to get him on this board but he’s lazy. I haven’t gone for a ride in it since soon after he first bought it, but I’ll try and get some pics and specs.

Nice ride, looks beautiful in red.

They are coming way down in price now I was thinking of getting one for winter/daily duty

already has eibach lowering springs in it lol i still dont get why the ass is jacked up so high :confused: and yeah this car is very complicated, especially as my first car lol

They aren’t “bad” if you mod them.

The problem is that they are:

1. Difficult to work on
  2. EXPENSIVE aftermarket
  3. In the hands of kids

BTW, gorgeous paint. What Wax/Sealant?