1997 chevy blazer radio problem

A friend of mine just picked up a 1997 Chevy blazer well the problem hes having is hes getting no sound out of the speakers.He replaced the stock radio with an alpine head unit every thing turns on no sound out of the speakers put the stock radio back in everything turns on seeks through the stations but still no sound no static absolutley silent i checked all wiring antenna wire fuses they were all fine i even changed the fuses for shits and giggles does any one have any idea what this could be your input would be much appreciated

is the factory system amplified perhaps? do the door panels or does the factory radio say “BOSE” , “monsoon” or anything else?

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46428

and the reason for 2 threads isss?? ? ?

i was afraid no one would see it here but if your not gonna help with my problem no need to reply thx

no its just a regular delco but today he slammed his passenger door shut and the passenger speaker came on maybe a loose speaker wire or bad ground maybe? but what are the chances every speaker in the truck has a loose speaker wire o and the dealer said if there was a stock amp it would be under the center console i didnt see one so i dont know what else it could be

check your speaker connections between the aftermarket harnesses. assuming you didn’t cut the factory one off and try to match the colors. (it won’t work) is the aftermarket deck a sony or jvc? make sure the speaker wires are properly insulated so they don’t ground out on anything. outside of that, you could have blown speakers in the vehicle causing the radio to go into protect, much like an amplifier would.

its an alpine but heart4audio i appreciate all your help he should be here in a little bit im gonna check every thing ill let you know how it works out but i appreciate your help

sounds like theres no speakers…

x2

was thinking the same thing, but i was told not to reply :rolleyes:

im not tring to be a dick, im totally serious. I have had about 20 customers in the past request to have there speakers removed, and the radio. I always ask what they would like installed in place of the aftermarket parts, these 20 have said, just put the radio back in, No speakers…

i would go behind the radio with a 9volt battery, locate 2 speaker wires for the same speaker there

(Use Light Green, Dark Green from the factory side of the harness, those will be your right fronts,
or light blue dark blue, them will be right rear
then brown & yellow do left rear ,
and tan & gray are left front, and that rounds out the 4 speaker system),
WITH THE RADIO REMOVED, AND UNPLUGGED
place the positive term of the 9volt battery to 1 speaker,
and TAP the negative terminal of the 9volt battery to the other speaker wire,
you should hear a little crackle,

I am only offering this as a quick easy way to test if the speaker is actually present, i am not encouraging people to connect 9volt batteries to their speakers.

This information is being offered to you for free, and without charge, Definitive Auto will not be held responsible for any damages caused by misuse, misunderstanding, or just plane simpleton interpretation of the above mentioned advice.

All information contained in this post is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to fitness for a particular use. Any user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and use of this information. Please verify all wire colors and diagrams before applying any information which has been provided.

thx alot for the info chaz but i removed all 4 door panels and there are speakers but there are 2 speakers missing the 2 that are mounted on top of the dash when i took the stock radio out there was a green wire with a white line going through it with a harness on the end of it but was not plugged into anything

the dash speakers are an option in the blazer i think, the location is always there, but usually empty.

that green wire with the wire strip, is it the only wire in the harness? is it for a light maybe? i dont think that goes to the radio in anyway

did you remove the speakers to make sure they are connected? dot he 9 v test anyways, maybe all the speakers are junk

no premium sound, no dash speakers.