New deck, but no sound! whats wrong?

i searched other threads but couldn’t find anything like my situation so here it is-

i bought a new alpine CDE-9870 deck and tried to install it myself. after finally getting power to the deck i am not getting any sound or even static. Everything is properly connected as i used the wiring diagram from another thread.

i have grounded it properly.

i used a 9 volt to hear the popping from the speaker but that didn’t even work

i did NOT disconnect the battery and i have blown a fuse because the door ajar sound doesn’t come on now, would that affect anything else???

what could be wrong?

Have you replaced your speakers?

If not then you might not realize if you have one of the systems that have individual amps for each speaker. They require a source signal from the factory deck to turn them on and an audio signal.

Remove one of the front speakers from the door and check the back of the aluminum insert that the speaker is housed in. On this there will a Panasonic amplifier, remove that shit and run some new wires directly from your new deck.

If you don’t have these amps, then check all leads to the speakers with a multimeter.

Hope this helps.

yeah, if your front speaker cover says “active speaker” on it, then you’ll have to re-wire all the speakers, meaning you can’t use the existing ones as they won’t work

I had this problem today with my flip up as well, but the end result was weird, my system was working fine and then the speakers rnadomly while driving just went off, both front and rear and only the sub in the trunk was working, then when i was taking it out to get access to the wires the system shut down and wudnt start up,i checked the wires and found no problems, so i went to skool and when i came back and started my car everything worked fine… so maybe try restarting your car as was the case for me today lol

This is why you should get a profesional to help with these instillations. If you do NOT know what you are doing at least get someone that does to give you direction before you hook stuff up.

Just run all new speaker wire as blue said

my problem was that there were 2 powers and i had one on wrong, i was getting power and not sound. and on a stupider note, was the volume up and were u on a cd or something? sometimes if ur on the radio and the antenna is not on properly it wont work and no sound will come out at all.

I had an interesting experience with a pioneer car amp/eq combo thingy… I had it hooked up to an external cdrom case and it was working fine… later I replaced that with a large block adapter (1.5A or something) and it stopped working

after mucking about with wires I tried using the negative to the chassis of it as in a car where everything is a negative ground basically, that didn’t work, so I put it down on my computer for a sec as I was going to unplug it for the umpteenth time and just as after I yanked it I heard some noise… well wtf plugged it back in… sound! I ran a wire from the pioneer to a nearby water heater line for the permanent fix

anyway I doubt that applies here… maybe you should have used a metro harness adapter, and make sure you solder every connection, crimp ons are like tampons, they’re only fine for a little while

I don’t even bother using the real harness anymore, just run new wire and I know it’s right, I use 18awg shielded for speakers normally

I am going to buy new speakers soon, when pay day comes, so i guess i still need to run new wires then, right?

If you used the 9V trick, and heard nothing, you have a few things to look at.

1. Does you car have any factory amplifiers ?
  2. Are you sure you car has speakers at all ?
    3 If there are speakers, do they work ?
  3. Are you sure the wires from the deck, are connected to any speaker at all?

If this is a used car, there may not be speakers as the previous owner might have taken them out. As well if everything worked fine with whatever was in there before then you have a factory amp you need to bypass

sorry that im retarted in audio wiring, there was already a piece of crap aftermarket deck in there and it worked fine, music came out fine, it was just outdated. Now if i were to buy new speakers do i still need to rewire, if yes , why, isnt speaker wire, speaker wire?

you put a cd in right?

basically i just as bad with sound system/audio. i get all ym friends to do it for me.

best thing to do is see if one of the guys here can come over and check it out…cause knowing me only way i;d be able to install it from forums is with alot of diagrams

ya i put a cd in the new deck nothing happened it even recognized it and you could see that the deck was playing it but still no sound, i wouldnt mind if someone came and checked it out but its prob someonething really simple and plus i live in peterborough. i think im just going to rewire everything anyways, wont be hard at all, and then buy some new speakers once i get paid and ill go from there, thaks for all the help everyone