Need...Help....Fast!!!!!!!

I just bought an Alpine deck form the local audio store. I wired the harness adapter corectly, yet there is no sound coming from the speakers, although the deck is powered up and working. My car is a 1992 SE hatch. It has the upgraded factory sound system (with the Active Sound speakers).

I read on Crutchfield.com that I have to somehow bypass the factory amp that I didn’t know I had. Does any one know how to do this or have any advice?

i’ve run across the same problem in a friends crown vic. I got it to work for a while with some shady wiring, but his deck got punked, so i decided to do it correctly.

The problem i ran into here was that the amps were wired in-line with the speakers, not through an rca jack. So i had to re-wire it the second time.

Your best bet is to run new wires. Its simple, and quick. 2 hours tops.

OR

you can try to find the amp on wire for the stock amps. Splice into it and attach it to either your AMP ON wire on your NEW harness, or if it doesn’t have it, the Power antenna wire on the NEW harness will work.

I recommend the first way, it will probably be easier in the long run and save you some headaches.

I have also heard that it is not recommened to try and use an aftermarket deck with a 240(it might have been a Probe though) with a stock amp setup. Somthing about voltage on the line.

Good luck.

Just after I posted for help, I decided to give my wiring one last check. It seems that I missed a wire, the one labelled “Amplifier.” Oddly enough, I connected this wire to the corresponding wire from the deck, and for some reason, it worked. :shrugs shoulders:

It just goes to show that you should check and recheck everything, before you post or else you will make an ass of yourself like I just did… :smiley:

yah, that would be the power lead for the amps. That wire connects to a ‘switch’ inside the deck and sends 12v dc to the amps and turns them on. Without 12v to the Amps no sound is gonna come out.

Dude, the first deck i ever wired took me 8 hours, and i still didn’t get it right. There’s always a learning curve and you’re going in the right direction now.

Good Work.

haha 8h i remembe those days whe i first started, now a deck takes me 25 to 20 min and a full system in a car doesent even take 8h

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the good old days