audio help!!

Specs of what i have to start off:

1993 Nissan 240sx LE w/ active speaker system
Alpine MRP-M500 amp(mono)
Alpine CDA-9884 deck
some 10’ pioneer sub.

So the previous owner hacked up the wiring harness for the deck so i had to go wire to wire from the harness to the deck. Now everythings looks correct to me, and i looked over some manuals in regards to the proper wiring and its all hooked up correctly. The speakers are hooked directly up to the deck as well.

The problem is this. When i put the deck in tuner mode(radio) sound comes out of the speakers but the subwoofer barely works. I change the mode to CD or ipod and all i get is a shitload of bass and nothing out of the speakers.

The hell is wrong? If you need anymore info diagnose this let me know. If its something to do with active speaker system, then enlighten me. Im lost as to why this happened.

I think i have a extra pair of the harnes :S not 2 sure. One of my dad friend came by and asked me 2 install it n the harness looks lyk a 240sx one i’ll check this sunday n i’ll get back 2 u

hmm thanks, no point to it though.

i think im just gonna rewire the front to bypass the factory amp and cut and reconnect the rears to bypass that amp.

so all four speakers are wired directly into the deck, bypassing the active speaker shit right? and the amp is hooked up via rca cable. maybe the rca is plugged into the wrong output coming out of the deck. make sure rca is plugged into the subwoofer output. could also be something out of wack with the “bass engine” or high-pass filter.

Hey if you still got that stck harness i’ll buy it off ya! my stock wiring is pretty mangled and the stock harness got ripped out >_<

i got them right here. Send me a PM