1997 Suzuki GS500

SOLD

Selling my 1997 Suzuki GS500. Looking for SOLD or best offer to NYSpeeders. I’m picking up a new bike this week so this one has to go. Selling as-is. Located in Grand Island.

Good:

Runs great - idles high sometimes and could use a little more tweaking in the tune. I’m still tinkering on this.
Carb just refreshed and new 132.5 high/ 40 low jets installed this season. Additional jets included for tuning should you install a free flowing exhaust (140 high).
New AGM battery
New front brakes installed, new rear brakes in package
Comes with hardcover Haynes manual
Inspection is good until the end of May 2016
K&N Filter installed - gives great sound under throttle. Stock intake included.
New spark plugs this season
New front/rear tires included

Bad:

Scrapes/blemishes as expected out of a 18 year old bike
Minor oil leak - I have not noticed the oil level going down so it isn’t a major concern, but it does drip when I park it after a ride
Rear tire will need to be replaced before next season, but new front/rear tires are included with the bike.
Oil drain plug replaced with better fitting square plug - previous owner had stripped the stock plug. Replacement plug works perfectly.

Overall, the bike sounds, looks, and runs great, and I would be riding it for the rest of the season if I hadn’t just put a down payment on a new one.

Feel free to PM if you need additional pictures or information. Thanks! -J

This is THE perfect bike to learn on. GLWS.

Thanks! I bought it so I could learn to learn to wrench and ride and (in addition to attending the Ridercourse) it did the job perfectly and gave me a ton of good experience and confidence on 2 wheels.

these are what I recommend to everyone I know looking to get their first bike. Solid bike for a fair price.

Thank you!

Bump - Price dropped to 1k OBO

i rode an identical bike from Buffalo to Knoxville Tenn… threw the nite in the fall… it was cold and the bike was under powered but the Diesel Benz from 1972 that was fallowing couldn’t do 65 so it didn’t matter.

Cliffs: super reliable bike, awesome around town/learning bike, not horrible on the hwy… just not the bike for a cross country trip, in November.

Deposit received, bike sale is pending.