My new toy...

1990 GS500 streetfighter

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/010106010209010306200802229d282c011.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/01020901040601161420080222221377ad0.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/01010201040501160420080222c20b48a4a.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/010200011602010406200802221a0dc7d67.jpg

these are the pictures i have taken, but they are shitty since im working on my garage and basement and there is barely enough room for this as it is. oh and the mud is from my driveway from unloading it, its going to need a good cleaning.

i cant wait to ride this season! this is my first bike so hopefully it will be a good season for me and i plan on taking it easy for a while. im sure those of you who ride know who i got this bike from, if not im sure you will find out soon enough. lol see you out there guys!

congrats dude… be safe… its a fun bike for sure :tup:

oh it will be, now if this damn snow and cold weather would go away, i could have some fun with it.

cool. I used to have that bikes nemesis… the Kaw EX500.

I have a buddy with an 01 GS500E (or something like that) and I used to walk him so bad with my 89 kaw… and i outweighed him by 75lbs :slight_smile:

Brian

nice pickup…

what did you get it for, if you don’t mind me asking. I think this might be my year to learn to ride so prolly going to be looking for something fairly inexpensive.

i wont say the price just for personal reasons, but it was >2500. the guy i got it from is a very respected rider locally and a good mechanic too. Overall a good guy, taught me alot in the 2 hours iv spent talking to the guy and i want to learn more from him. i was looking for something fairly inexpensive as well, i didnt want anything extreme. im a huge fan of cafe style racers and a “naked” style look, with no plastics.

i figured, its my first bike, i dont need to break any plastics and chances are it will go down once or twice (i give myself high expectations without being cocky) lol. overall its a pretty solid bike though, i will be doing more work to it though, dual headlight, clubman bars with single speedo, and also a set of rear pegs for the girls to ride along with me.

the problem i first had was im only 5’6", not a good height for someone looking to buy a bike bigger than a 250. this bike sits just perfect for me and and still packs a punch. here are some more specs on it:
engine:
heads decked .020"
web race cams
ignition advancer
kn pod filter
maunal cam chain adjuster
rebuilt 1500 miles ago
full yoshimura exhaust system

frame:
custom with 636 tail light and LED signals
racetech fork springs with emulators
works rear shock everythign set-up for 180lb rider
everything painted black except for the silver engine

sounds like you got the perfect bike for what you were looking for

looks nice, sounds like a good deal

gratz man, be safe and enjoy it. :tup:

I saw this on craigslist. Looks like a fun little bike. I love bandits.

So you picked it up! Thing looks sweet, you’ll have a lot of fun with it. It’s also nice to know you won’t screw up much if you drop it. Standards FTW.

Nice bike, hope you have a good riding season

Also, saw this for sale. Nice buy. Have fun and be safe.

yeah i was watching the bike for a couple weeks now and have been bugging the owner with lots of questions and shooting him offers almost everyday. i was looking aroung for other bikes and found a 1994 yamaha seca II in lancaster, pa. A fellow board member and i were going to take my brother 02 ranger down to pick it up. the guy wanted 1900 for the bike and after i figured the 12 hour round trip and about $400 dollars in gas, it just wasnt worth it.

i ended up just saving up and buying this bike, the guy gave me a good deal since my buddy whos a mechanic at heplars (sp?) put a good word in for me and it all worked out. he even threw in a helmet, jacket and gloves for $150. not bad considering i need all that anyways.

ughhh i want a bike

on teh other hand i aslo wanna live

nice buy

it all depends on how you ride it man. i know they say people die all the time from other people hitting them, but its just a risk your going to have to take if you want to ride. theres no sense in trying to hide it and cover up how dangerous they really are, i told my dad that when he was trying to talk me out of getting one. if its meant to be, it will happen. and most importantly, youll never get anywhere without trying.

meh, i don’t have too much self control. i’d die in a month

i’ll end up getting one within a year or 2, gurantee it.

thats the most backwards post ive ever read

Nice pickup man, looks like a great bike :tup:

i went with rob to pick this thing up. when we showed up to pick it up, he asked if i was rob’s bodyguard.:gay3: this guy seemed pretty legit, super nice and straight forward. he gave way more information to rob than he needed to about how to maintain/operate it. he also gave him a bag of extra/spare parts and offered to help with future problems if they should arise. he is also giving a good deal on used(and good quality) gear. i’m looking forward to this season bro. that thing is perfect for you. russo wasn’t lying when he said it’s the meanest sounding twin you’ve ever heard.

Last night, me=:beer2:
Last time I do that again, lol.