Bike suggestions?

Ok, the deal is I picked up a truck for work, will probly be selling my 97’ mx6 and buying my gf a new car after I start my new job making pretty good $(we are having a kid, due this comming week). Well after that is all done I am probly picking up a bike.

Now the problem is, I have never driven a bike. My dad bought a 97’ CBR600 F3 new and I used to rid with him ALL the time, I loved it. Now he has sold his bike and I am getting into the place where I can have one. Well I dunno what would be a good bike to start out on. My dad started on his 600.

Well I am going to be taking a class for riding(shave some $ off my insurance) and only want to spend about $4k. I don’t want to go much older than a 96’(newer is better). Anyone have some good suggestions? This won’t happen till mid summer or end of summer at the soonest. I was just kinda wondering.

O and I also wanted to get something that I will want to keep for a few years(ex: don’t really want a 250 ninja for the fact that I will probly get bored with it) and I want something that looks pretty nice.

Just figgered I would ask, maybe some people would have a good suggestion :burnout:

i seen on tv today that Tom Clark have Honda 1000RR’s from $8599??

My feeling is that you can’t go wrong with a GS500 Suzuki. Used these can range from 1000 to 1500 bucks and they are a great 1st bike.

Are they pretty good running bikes?
I have seen a few Ducatis going for like $2500.

Thats what I’m talking about!

check out a drz400sm

I have no idea what that is, got a pic?

here’s a link

crossroads usually has one in stock
and a better link w/specs
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/ProductDisplay.aspx?modelCode=DRZ400SMK6&activeSection=OVERVIEW

Ehh, to much of a dirtbike for me. And for that price I will just buy one of these for $4k new, I am just worried becouse I have never heard of the company and the 250 doesn’t sound to nice, sounds more like a mower, lol
http://www.flykittymotorsports.com/images/gt250_1.jpg

Video
Go to about 1:30 and you can here him start it and rev. it

not a crotch rocket fan so i cant suggest any of those but i can tell you that most insurance company dont give the discount for taking the class anymore

:doh: ehh, eather way, I would rather take the class since I am just starting out, figger it will help me out a lot and help keep me from dropping a bike.

Suggest anything to, I open to about anything, I am looking at mostly sport bikes though

yea take the class and get your license, its not like the old days when you could just keep paying 15 bucks for your permit, probally around that time a guy at work will be selling his nighthawk 450 not sure of year probably around 1800, he wants a ninja 650, and if i get a bonus this year, big if, i will be selling me boulavard s50 for about 4500, for the new hd nightster, just some suggestions

kool, I think I will just go take the class and get my license eather way. I might just look for something cheaper to start out on.

Anyone know anything about this

Take the class…

And, the GS500:

http://lenz.homelinux.org/albums/gs500e/03_G.jpg

I like those bikes, only thing I don’t like is the headlight, looks weird without any plastic around it, looks wrecked. Do those bikes go pretty good? I think if I buy a 250 I will have a lack of power. I dunno though. I think I would rather have a used bike atfirst that doesn’t cost $4k incase something does happen to it.

Anyone have an opinion on the bike I posted above? And does anyone know how the GS500 sounds? I was something that doesn’t sound like a dirt bike like the 250 above, lol.

For someone who hasnt ever riden you sure are picky. If your looking for more plastic look into a suzuki sv650S. it has no lower fairing but it has the upper fairing around the headlight and its fairly cheap on the insurance.

I wouldn’t say picky, I mean why spend the $ if I’m not going to get somethin I want? I mean if I had $800 to spend I wouldn’t be as picky, if I am spending $4k I just wanna get something nice.

Thanks, I’ll look into that, the other problem is insurance, I need to find something decent atleast. I’ll look into the sv650S:bigok:

www.craigslist.com look there under motorcycles

already checked it out, lol, on there like everyday, only one I really seen was the Buell

Well hopefully with the spring season that more bikes will be for sale.

I hope!