bike guys, need some help!

im looking for a bike for the upcoming season and i stumbled upon this bike. i just wanted some opinions on it.
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/582609085.html

the price is a little steep, but i think if i can get him down to 2k, that might be a good price. i would like to go lower, but i dont see that happening.

price is high for sure. even 2k seems high.

I’ve seen this bike before. hmmmm but where

guy who owns that bikes a stand up guy… :tup:

thanks for the info guys, but i was wondering more about the bike. is this a good bike, being my first one?

If you look at all the specs, it sounds like a good deal to me and it is mean looking. It’s just the 500cc thing that bothers me. It isn’t a 2006 500cc, it’s a 1990 500cc, the technology just wasn’t there back then like it is now. The bike is probably slower than shit, especially without fairings. The thing probably just barely gets out of its own way on the freeway. Since it’s your first bike, you don’t need to be worrying about that anyways.

edit I really do like the look of this thing, it looks just like my Monster but with gloss paint

thats what i like about it and yes i dont need anything too big. im only 5’6" and weigh around 165, so i dont need anything above that. im going to go look at it tomorrow, but i just want to make sure im not buying a problematic bike.

FYI these bikes use the same technology now that they used back in the day. It’s a good deal for a great starter bike. A friend had one and i rode it around a few times, and it was tons of fun.

thats what i was thinking, my friends tried telling me that it was only 2 cyl and that i could find something thats not outdated. i think this bike is pretty f-ing badass, but im new to the bike scene and i jsut dont want to be fixing shit all the time that could of been avoided.

GS 500 that is as built as this model is would be comparable to a stock sv650… would make an excellent bike for a beginner… and its very flickable and fun to ride… the owner actually rides a ktm supermoto and a 636… he used to own a tl1000r and just recently bought a gsxr 750… he said he LOVES the gs models… hes had a couple over the past year or so

sounds good man, iv been talking back and forth with him through emails all day. is this bike on another forum or do you just know him from meets and such?

i havent seen it FOR SALE on forums but he posted about the build… i know mike fairly well though, i wouldnt hesitate to buy anything from him

do you mind cross posting the link?

u need to be a member… go to wnysportriders.org and search for russo… hes the owner

will do i know a few members off the board over there, you actually know tom from hpw, he was my roomate for a couple months. i really liked his bike, but he didnt have it for too long when i was living there.