1997 Toyota Supra Turbo *17kmi

TIFN fo sho

Car is beautiful!!

I’m gonna “POPURTOP” and pull your hoses

NO

I did decide I’m buying a rmm downpipe and hks ti no more tho!!

Do the “bleeder T” mod and a BCC at least, wake that dog up!

Wayne, get at me before you do the downpipe, yeah it seems simple (and it is, pending hardware issues), I’ll save you some potential grief

Supposed to bolt right up!

Go try it yourself and let me know how that goes:haha

The 3 nuts that hold the front of the downpipe on require some special attention to be removed with no issues.

assuming you are talking about a rusted fastener issue? whatcha got for me homie?

They won’t be rusted, however the 3 nuts are extremely tight and made out of fairly soft metal. You can spray them all you want, but you’ll end up breaking the studs or stripping the nuts if no heat is involved…

Here is what I do-get the nut/stud cherry red with a propane/mapp gas torch (like 5 minutes of heat, lol). Break loose. Spray with PB. Re-heat, spray, loosen a little. Repeat. It sucks and takes awhile to do all 3 like this, but it’s MUCH faster than the fix for stripping the nuts or breaking the studs. They will probably come out as 1 piece (nut/stud). Oh, make sure you use a 6-point socket too.

i heard: heat, use impact. :slight_smile:

thanks for the heads up homie!!!

yea and dont ever use a torque wrench! they are for pussys!!! :rofl

^ What’s a torque wrench?

this man speaks the truth.

troof

Wayne is a torque wrench! :tongue

http://www.performancepoweronline.com/view/images/fordgt/TwinTurboUpgrade.jpg

Just sayin

wayne loves torque wrenches

whaaat!!!

Sneak peak, car low lowered on coils. Sorry these pics suck. Better pics coming soon.