what would YOU pay for a Supra?!

Well, I found a Supra with 100K On the body and alot less on the 2JZ motor…the Car origionally came N/A and he swapped in the TT motor not too long ago with a little bit bigger then stock turbos…car made 400rwhp on 16psi…he only wants 17,300 for it! Its red and located in Texas…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Twin-Turbo-Targa-5-speed-400-HP-17-300_W0QQitemZ330204573787QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330204573787

I pulled the carfax last week and saw that the car had a previous Nevada rebuilt title. I’m not exactly sure why it received a rebuilt title but it does have a Clean/Lien Free New York Title now.

that’s why

buying some older, heavily modified car from across the country without seeing it isn’t the smartest thing in the world.

buying cars over Ebay is something i wouldn’t ever do…they have the money first…usually a large sum of money, and there could be something they’re not telling you about the car :nono

100K mile salvage title highly modified car for $18,500 once you ship it over here… No thanks.

:+1

Yea man very sketchy. I don’t think I could spend that kind of money without actually sitting in the car, test driving it and giving a good look over the car. Unless your willing to take a trip to Texas which i’m sure your not, I probably wouldn’t consider it.

I would obv. talk to him for a good amount of time over the phone before anything was official…

The Rebuilt Title does not scare me…it wouldnt be my daily driver anyways. I would just convert it to a big single turbo, and make it my weekend runner

Supra’s are HARD to find with anything less then 130K for under 20 grand…its rediculous what kind of value they hold…im looking to have fun and create a nice car i will have for a very long time…not go broke in the mean time doing it.

IDK man that one seems a little fishy :nod

then why the hell are you looking into buying a supra?

You can get yourself an amazingly fun weekend runner for WAY less than what you would spend on a mkIV supra.

why dosnt anyone ever like the body style before the jellybean…i do and i think it would be fun to do a 2jz swap into one of those and just shit on people

ummm… I think almost everybody likes that style too. You talk like a 2jz swap is cake…it would cost a ton of cash to get one.

yeah i know i got it quoted before i started the teg…15k

damn ricers

dont you have an evo :rofl

hey! I spent a lot of money to get rid of my stock altezzas

:rofl you were at the dyno day with your son right? the dark gray evo? or am i thinking of someone else?

i was there with the kid with the loud ass rustang

the chubby one that drank all the mountain dew

You do know both the N/A and TT supra came w/ the 2JZ, right?
I wouldn’t doubt it if this guy just did stuf to the stock NA motor.
Salvage title, I’ll pass.
Already modified, I’ll pass.
The motor isn’t the only thing different between the NA and TT. The TT had much better brakes and suspension pieces. The rear differential isn’t nearly as good, and the transmission is only the 5MT.
I wouldn’t pay more than $12.5k for an Mk IV N/A Supra.

Buying a modified car is like buying a used tampon.

What the hell?!? Dark grey evo was owned by a guy named Mike and it had florida plates. His Son? what are you talking about? Who brought their kid there? My evo is silver and i’m kidless… thankfully.

If it were around 10K it would be a great investment for someone who is mechanically inclined. The body is in good shape and hasn’t been to awfully molested yet, however the salvage title and the fact that it’s a TT conversion are enough to turn most people away.

idk i bought my rsx over ebay for 11k and my fathers sl500 for 18k with no problems at all…