1998 VW Jetta GLX VR6 - Cleaaaan :tup:

Well, I just put a ton of work in to this car. As some of you know from my other thread, I picked this car up from florida as a very clean car with a few hidden demons. As it stands now, the car is ready to rock. I just drove it to rochester to look at my next car that I’m picking up this week actually.

As it stands right now, this is a list of completed maintenance that I have done on the car since I bought it in March. In that time I’ve only put on about 1000 miles, total. I also just had a very thorough alignment done on Sunday

• Tires
• Spark Plugs
• MK4 VR6 Plug Wires (cool pull handles to remove them)
• valve cover gasket
• cabin air filter housing from mk4 with brand new filter
• RSD short shift kit (wonderful)
• VM shift bracket bushings (additionally wonderful)
• Thermostat housing kit (all plastics and o-rings)
• MK4 Head gasket
• All Vacuum lines
• New Bilstein shocks/struts, including all associated parts (bearings, bushings, etc)
• Secondary Air Pump
• EGR valve
• Rear main seal
• Sachs clutch
• Pressure plate
• throwout bearing
• resurfaced flywheel
• Timing chains
• Timing chain guides
• Timing chain tensioners
• BFI Stealth series motor mount kit (inc. transmission)
• Heater core
• Various bulbs
• Air filter
• 1.8T IAT sensor
• Fuel filter
• Refreshed injectors (ultrasonic cleaned)
• Refreshed head
• Crankshaft positioning sensor
• Complete Tierod assemblies (inner, outer, rod, boots) for both passenger and driver side

The engine runs really great, pulls really hard through all the gears without a single hiccup.
It does not leak, drip, ooze, gush, or burn any type of fluid.
The car is from florida, always was in florida. NO RUST. The underside is immaculate.
Exterior paint is about 7.8/10. There is a dent on the driver’s side of the hood, about the size of a marble.
All lights work, contrary to popular belief that these cars always have bulbs out :slight_smile:

Interior is a 7/10. Black leather with not a single rip or tear. It’s shiny and supportive. Very slight wear on the driver’s side bolster. A few stains on the headliner. They may not even be stains, I never tried to clean them.

Sunroof works great.

A/C DOES work, it just needs to be charged. It was discharged due to me pulling the motor. Prior, it blew ice cold.

OEM Bose sound system. All the speakers sound great. OEM bose tape deck can still rock out your favorite Metallica cassettes.

All in all this is a really good example of a really clean MK3 jetta. I have no qualms about driving it, at all. The VR6 is throaty and powerful. I just happened to get a raise and really wanted a GTI. I don’t have time for a project car anyway. It took me all these months just to do the above listed work on this car just because of time restrictions.

It has the typical older VW rattles, which are slightly enhanced by the stiffer poly motor mounts. It’s well beyond tolerable, it won’t interrupt a conversation.

I bought the car for 3400. I will sell the car for 3300.

CLIFFS:

1998 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6
Silver exterior, black leather interior
Rust Free. Never even had to use penetrating oil to take something off :slight_smile:
ALL the maintenance done that you would ever really have to worry about
90XXX Miles
$3,300 OBO. I want someone to take this thing and make it non-stock awesome, or just enjoy it as is.
Title in hand.

Pictures up tomorrow since it’s too dark to take any right now.

PM me any questions or post here. If you want to see it, you can do so any time after 5 throughout the week. Except tomorrow, it will be around 6.

Sorry for the bird pooooooo

changed the price because I typed this up when i was really tired last night and put the wrong price in.

3300 obo. pictures up tonight.

I just read through my post and noticed I forgot a couple things. To the list of maintenance I added Complete Tierod assemblies (inner, outer, rod, boots) for both passenger and driver side.

I also have a full set of brand new brake pads (front and rear), a new fuel filter, and 6 spare injectors that will come with it.

Looks great. GLWS :tup:

Dan

j/c do these things have heated seats?

it was an option so some do. this one does not

Soooollllld.

That didn’t last long!
Reasonable price for a solid looking car.