1999 Civic Lx 4dr

1999 Civic Lx Sedan
-NO rust, original with no rust/rot repair.
-Does NOT burn, smoke or leak any oil!
-5spd, shifts smooth, no grinds
-Power windows/power locks
-Cruise control
-Honda Keyless entry and alarm
-AC works and blows cold
-heater works and blows hot
-Inspection good until 6/2012
-Clean NYS title, and in hand.

Previous owner had installed:
-New factory exhaust with new cat. converter
-fuel filter
-alignment
-clutch
-JVC Cd player with upgraded Sony speakers all around

Car drives and rides very well, shifts smooth, with no grinds or pop outs.
Car is stock, not hacked up or beat on.
Clean interior and from a smoke free environment.
As you can see, no plates, car IS NOT on the road or insured.

Car will need a input shaft bearing. It does not affect functionality or driveabilty of the car, but you can hear it whine when the car is running, it stops when you push the clutch in.
I do have a good and functional, lower mileage (88k) stock y7 transmission available for it as well. Can be included with the sale or installed.

Two options:
Asking $3000 w/ newer, lower mileage transmission installed.
$2500/OBO newer transmission not installed, but included with the sale of car.

No thanks, I just posted it this week so I’m not to that point yet.
I’ve seen rot free shells go for $1k to $1500.

I’m going to try some other venues to sell, CL and my local Swap sheet paper.

Make a counter offer.

Make a better offer closer to my asking price.

I have a chance to pick up a much lower mileage, good, transmission to throw in with the car, if anyone would be interested, I can do that.

Hard to find these rust free, free bump, good price.

It’s getting that way…especially ones like this that are original and have not been repaired.
Thanks for the bump.

Bumping out of frustration for waste of time NO SHOWS!

Picked up another, newer and lower mileage transmission for this…
Price and ad adjusted accordingly.

BUMP!

Stupid ppl bump…

If you’re only going to charge an extra $200 to swap tranny I’d just do that and market it as a solid vehicle with no issues. For that small amount there’s no reason to give anybody an option IMO.
Do the swap and I may be interested in checking it out. :slight_smile:

That’s a good point, but for me it comes down to time constraints, between work and our new baby.
If I get the transmission in, the price will be $3k.

Bump…
What is it with no shows lately!

Open to reasonable ppl with reasonable offers that actually have cash.

Damn…didn’t realize you are about 150 miles away. Do you ever drive to Buffalo? LOL.
I’d be a cash buyer but not sure I can make it out that far. Sucks.

^^^ You could definitely do it in about 2 hours (one-way) FWIW.

Yeah about 2 hours each way. But I need to have a driver take me there and pay for gas. Then hope the deal goes though and then either go back with DMV legitness or risk driving back all dirty like. :wink:
It’s not impossible though far from ideal. I PM’ed seller…we’ll see if we can make something happen. :slight_smile:

Tire kickers have been ridiculous with this, especially on Craigslist.
I’ve had 4 no shows in the past week.
My location is posted and specific details of the car are posted for a reason, for prospective buyers to READ.
If you don’t have the money, are not sure if you want it, or don’t/can’t/won’t make the trip, please don’t bother wasting my time or yours.
<End rant out of frustration>

Yea, I’ve worked around the distance issue and done it myself, once to pick up a car, once to drop off a car, and countless times to buy parts.

Unfortunately tire kickers are part of selling a car in general…especially on Craigslist. I don’t agree with no shows and think that’s a dishonorable thing to do.
Add the distance factor and how you are fairly off the beaten path and you have the makings of a headache when selling a car.

I wasn’t a tire kicker and as always have cash in hand. It’s just with the car being off the road and opening up sales well beyond what most consider local you’re bound to have some headaches.
I can’t take a day off work, expect a friend to take off a day, drive me out there and then hope your local DMV gives me no issues while in a strange location. It’s just not feasible. I think putting the location IN THE AD would be beneficial and save you some aggravation. Let people know you’re out in the boonies and clearly set that expectation. Frustration and anger are caused by ones own expectations that fell short. IMO You’re expecting people to read your profile info instead of catering to your audience…most of which are in the Buffalo/Rochester area.

Cliffs: Don’t bitch about people backing out based on your location when you don’t highlight said issue. If you’re having several no shows and inquires only to have them back-out due to location you should realize the common denominator and highlight that. Not just for other people but also for you…so you’ll have less frustrations.

GLWS