1jz swap? Has anyone here done one or know anyone that does it?

I’m looking for someone that has 1jz swap in s14 or know a shop that did a swap like that. I’m planning doing swap but dont know if i should go sr or 1jz. Has anyone ever heard of anyone running ac on 1jz?

go 2jz and i know someone who dose a great job, he can do 1j or sr as well

Not to be rude but if you can’t afford a ka-t then don’t even think about doing a 1j swap.
Make life easy and throw an sr in it and be done.

I have all the KA-T but my motor is not healthly. My flywheel has hot spot so 1gear on start is a nightmare. I’m working fulltime know so money is not really issue and i graducated from college so thats another plus. I’ll send you pm 240sx-nismo

2j is really pricy with 5 speed the tranny alone is around 5 gs
for that price you have alot of options with sr/kat/1jz i personally installed a 1j
in my buddys truck and it made 260 hp stock
but i personally would run a sr with a bit of work

one hyphenated word…

2jz-fse

the tranny will be only 500 or less is you use the 7mgte 5 speed, the 6 speed mk4 tranny is around 4k

I’m probably going to go with soarer 1jz gte. I wont need shifter modification and the price is around 2500-3k . I found set of adapter engine mounts for s14 for 400CDN. I only need drive shaft, fuel line setup , harness with exhaust crossover pipe.

I’ll be using r154 tranny.

^you are aware these motors in this discussion came with 2 different oil pumps/locations/pans…

get the one you need for your brackets otherwise its off to toyota for some ludicris $$ parts…

I’ve got a 1JZ-GTE (1991 TTR supra)… destined for a 87 supra… nice motors…

even if you use a 1jz youll need the shifter modification as long as your using the R154 5 speed transmission, ive been looking into these swaps aswell, and really a 2jz from an aristo is only 500-800 more than a 1jz if your using the 5 speed R154 and buying it separately. Just something to think about

i have custom motor mounts and transmission mount for 1j/2j into s chassis pm me if your interested

Youre welcome

I actually looked at that wonger but thanks. I’m going to go with Chaser 1jz with soarer r154 tranny.

My friend DA1 did the 2JZ swap, its $$$$$! He said if he had to do it again he would do the 1jz because its not as dangerous. Tranny used in the swap is R154 with JZ bell housing… and the tranny alone is NOT 5 grand. It is way less! 1JZ is the way to go imo if you were still to do that swap.

^ 154 = 5 speed = $500ish…
getrag 6 speed = $3000+ish…