2.3 to 5.0 swap

http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/v8/v8.htm

If you ever plan on using slicks i’d go with a 8.8.

Ando - if I ever get around to welding up my kaa, You can take it for a ride on 20#s.

show me a rock stock 302 & T5 swap that is:
going to run mid 12’s everyday (no spray)
less than $1,000 in parts (including motor, trans, ecu)
get 20+ mpg city
be able to be swapped into a 4cyl vert without having to replace: harness & socket; tranny xmember; tranny; mounts; fuel lines; etc.

If the kid is looking for an easy & effective swap for dirt cheap, then he can go 2.3.

Or he can spend $500 on a cheap & beaten donor 5.0 car, spend a weekend piecing the swap together into the new car, then run mid 14’s if he’s lucky. Spend another $500 on a :tspry: and MAYBE get into the mid 13’s when the bottles full. LIKE 11TY BILLION OTHER 5.0 MUSTANGS AROUND THIS TOWN

But, You’re def right about one part, it’d be FUCKING STUPID to turbo the small motor. That’s why you BUY A TURBO MOTOR.

But seriously, I still like 5.0 Fox’s, they can be alot of fun with enough moolah.

5.8, even bettah! but, with more work.

If Ando whats to drop the $$$, then I def recommend that shit. If I wanted to throw $10k at a 15 year old Fox, I’d def look for an olf TREE FIDDY JUAN.

Either way, Fox’s are cheap and easy chassis to build up. WITH ANY DRIVETRAIN.

Good luck.

:tup:

CALL ME … CALL ME … CALL ME … i have evrything you would need to do either swap …

I have a smooth running 2.3T sitting in my Turbo coupe … i also have a 5-speed swap too …

just call me and tell me the price range your working with

Thanx derrick … 465-2820

You said it right brotha

i decided im gonna go 23t

AWWW RIGHT WIFFLEBALL TONY

t fucking up. i think you will be happy

def get in touch with me on wednesday, come check out my POS.

then, ill show you just how much it cost.

then, get ahold of this guy: http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/member.php?u=458

:tup:

-Nick

:tup: I took someone for a ride tonight, that same person was in another car that pulled me and he said my truck felt faster, tho it’s not by much… either way torque torque torque :tup:

Yea i would defiantely go with a 2.3t motor from a older thunderbird turbocoupe. These engines come with forged bottom ends and last along time. If you go onto a website like this www.turbotbird.com you can see alot of guys running 300hp with 200,000 miles and still running strong. The 83-86 turbo coupes come with a bigger turbo (T3) but no intercooler, if you intercool that setup and turn the boost up to about 20lbs (this turbo is effective to 22lbs) your lookin at probably 220-240 hp with just turning the boost up and intercooling. The 87-88 turbocoupe comes with a smaller turbo (IHI) but it is intercooled. The IHI spools up quicker but is only effective to 18lbs of boost. The 87-88 come with 190 hp stock running 15lbs of boost but you can turn it up to 18 and be running about 215 hp. I have an 87 ford thunderbird turbo coupe and get about 25mpg city and 30 mpg highway. Plus these engines are easy and pretty cheap to mod and you will see huge improvements.
And theres always the enjoyment of beating v8s with a four cylinder.