Engine swap for GA`

ok but the 190 hp 2.3 L still isnt that much hp. cant you somehow fit a 3.4 in from an old Lumina Z34???
those ar 200 hp and old Z34’s came with a 5spd.

Talk to pewter for prices of those engines. he is good for all sorts of GM parts that you may need

3.4 is junk

i agree same as the 3.1

i like mine, it has a decent bit of power for my daily driver. i mean with a 5spd, this engine would be all sorts of fun

Originally posted by BlkP42E
ok but the 190 hp 2.3 L still isnt that much hp. cant you somehow fit a 3.4 in from an old Lumina Z34???
those ar 200 hp and old Z34’s came with a 5spd.

Talk to pewter for prices of those engines. he is good for all sorts of GM parts that you may need

the reason for this swap is because its a direct bolt in with no fabrication. it might not be alot of HP overall but its still respectable for a 4 banger grand am. the achieva SCX ran mid 14s stock.

there have been 3400 and 3800s swapped into grand ams of all years but the problem is that most came with auto trannies. the z34 5 spd is a solution but its nearly impossible to make it work in an N-Car.

N-car?

they are not known to hold up…i had one in a 95 monte carlo z34 and it was junk…

pewter will chime in with his ideas…i am sure his opion is the same about the motor

what the motor thats in the grand prix like the one orange has that seems like a more durable motor

the 3x00s, Quad 4 and TwinCam might be junk compared to most but what other choice would i have other than buying a honda cause we all know those are the fastest cars out there! intake/exhaust and a wing you running 9s!

N-car?

N-Body

Originally posted by slowcamaro
they are not known to hold up…i had one in a 95 monte carlo z34 and it was junk…

pewter will chime in with his ideas…i am sure his opion is the same about the motor

what the motor thats in the grand prix like the one orange has that seems like a more durable motor
thats what mine is, a 95. im on 98k and it still runs fine and strong. how bad did you whoop on yours?

Originally posted by PlayaStyle92GA
N-Body:rolleyes:
ahhh kinda like f body, or k car :smiley:

Originally posted by PlayaStyle92GA
the reason for this swap is because its a direct bolt in with no fabrication. it might not be alot of HP overall but its still respectable for a 4 banger grand am. the achieva SCX ran mid 14s stock.

there have been 3400 and 3800s swapped into grand ams of all years but the problem is that most came with auto trannies. the z34 5 spd is a solution but its nearly impossible to make it work in an N-Car.

there will be a 3800 5 spd motor available soon:D :smiley:

i know the guy personally

he made a funny:D

there will be a 3800 5 spd motor available soon:D :smiley:

i know the guy personally
Do tell Do tell:grouphug:

thats what mine is, a 95. im on 98k and it still runs fine and strong. how bad did you whoop on yours?

go over to www.gmpowertalk.com or ww.gmperformancetuning.com and check out those guys. their 3x00 engines last forever and from what they say are good engines.

Originally posted by SleeperGTP

what tranny? in what car? and how!

blew a rod to start at 10k…drove it normal…3 tranny’s
i can go on and on

mine runs fine, now that i got that tune up :smiley:

Originally posted by SleeperGTP

My motor…

ls1 comming

blew a rod to start at 10k…drove it normal…3 tranny’s
i can go on and on

:lemonlaw::tounge: