2.5L owners have recall on ECM

Just got this in the mail today:

Affects: ALtima and Sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine.

Reason for recall, “the engine might stop running while being driven due to an electrical problem between the crank angle sensor and the ECM. THis may also result in the Service Engine soon trouble light.”

What they’ll do: Reprogram ECM.

“If you have paid to have a crank position sensor replaced prior to this campaign, you may be eligible for a reimbursment”

If you haven’t gotten the letter, call your service center. I think some of you may have purchased a Crank angle sensor during this time? get you money back!

Huh.

My wife’s Altima is a 3.5L, and my Sentra is a 2.0L, so i guess I’ll count that as two bullets dodged. Whew!

Thanks for that - a bullet dodged here too.

Hopefully, most people here stuck with the adult version of the car and got the 3.5L Altima. I think the 2.5L comes with a free helmet and go-kart lessons. :wink:

haha thanks ill take my go cart lessons now then…

WHOA wtf, that is no fun, so is this covered under warrenty i imagine? and is this what years of qr25? or does it say, thanks i will call nissan to see if i should get this done. thanks again

Never new that Nissan cars have defects, I thought it was only Toyotas that are having trouble with their vehicles.

Headlight Lens | Back Up Light | Engine Control Module