2.5rs help...

how do u plan on “checking” ur o2 sensor exactly?

just gonna slide under and stare at it? do the plugs and wires first man

Would an O2 sensor even cause this problem? I thought that unless you had a wideband O2 sensor (which most cars don’t?) they just send an on or off signal to the ECU telling it whether to run in enrich/warmup mode or not.

Am I partially or totally wrong?

Heres a Nasioc guru’s response to it about his 2.5rs and since I bought it with the o2 CEL on and Sam let me know that its loose I figured it could be the culprit. At least worth a shot to check and see if its loose since it is throwing the cel.

off on road trip across the mountains … on other side of mountians brief power loss at steady throttle starts … depress throttle … engine responds … and this went on for couple of days getting more anoying … added dry gas … didn’t touch it … finally threw a CEL Sunday p.m. …

checked that out … solution … frayed wire to O2 sensor on CAT … when it shorted out … sensor read fuel supply as too rich and cut fuel delivery … by the time we figured this out … had to rewire and replace O2 sensor … rest of trip engire performed just fine …

coil’s are common too…just what i’ve noticed at the dealership

u figure this out? if not i am home today and all my shits here. i know amazing

Actually the problem stopped for a little bit, however today it was terrible. I couldn’t go anywhere unless full throttle. Literally it even did it occasionally at like 5500 rpms.

So just squeaking into Innovative by 5:10 (thanks guys for hanging around til about 6ish) and Mike & Justin too the car out. Removed the front o2 sensor and it is working a hell of a lot better.

Car drives so much smoother now.

So again :tup: to Inn Tune and I’ll stop back to get the new o2 put it.

Man I love being right. :slight_smile: LOL I left you a message about the sensor pricing this morning.