2.5rs help...

Ok so this has been going on for awhile and seeing who could look at it to help diagnose the problem. Nasioc was clueless about this so it’s local now…

At first it was just the 1-2 shift around 2500rpms that it would bog down like a lack of fuel (like turbo lag when it spools and then BAM kicks in).

Now its doing it after its been warmed up and in any gear. I thought maybe I got a bad thing of gas out in Michigan, but on the way home it would do this stuttering crap in any gear at lots of rpm’s.

It’s like your giving it gas and its not moving and then all of a sudden (with the window down) you can hear a loud click and bam it jumps hard.

So after I got back and was on the last bit of gas from Michigan, I refilled at Sunoco down the street (which never has given me a problem) and its still doing it. I bought some octane booster just incase more shitty gas, or if water got in there somehow. And still doing it… I am dumbfounded.

I was thinking maybe a clogged fuel filter or dirty injectors, however the fuel filter was put on about 5k ago at Hybrid.

Anybody wanna take a look at it tonight (I’m out of work at 945pm) or tomorrow (I don’t go in to work until 1:15pm)

Did you check the condition of your plugs & wires?

check to see of theres more than one fuel filter (sounds crazy, but some cars have it), if not then im going with redrum on a plug/plugwire/coil issue, and from there id maybe even suggest a bad fuel pump, however if that was the case i think it would have died a while ago.

you might be arching one of ur wires or a few

nope, only one on a 2.5, and its right up next to the motor so its super easy to inspect and replace…

Sounds to me like you are getting too much fuel or not enough spark. Check plugs and wires first.

Yup, its right in the right corner of the bay. Brand new and shiny so I didnt suspect that as a problem

Plug wires were brand new also the day before I bought it. So I’ll definately try the plugs/wires later.

Anybody not doing anything tonight with a garage/light available?

It does sound like you have fouled a plug, I get the same thing, and since you probably don’t have a mechanical advance I would lean towards checking you plugs/wires

man, that sucks ry, sorry you are having problems with it.

like you said, the plugs, wires, and fuel filter are all new as of november, the week before you bought the car; however, you could have fouled out a plug, or a wire could be faulty…i would probably get the car to hybrid instead of pulling your hair out with it… good luck, and shoot me a pm and let me know what happens.

i can come take a look at ir if you want

Loose ground on the MAF? Just a thought…

I’m out of work at 945, so if anybody has got garage space let me know. Probably shouldnt take too long, but I have a parking lot at my apt and its too damn cold to pull plugs/look for problems out there

where are you located? my garage is warm but I am in pendleton and like beer

Downtown, Elmwood Ave to be specific.

How far in Pendleton?

similar problem happend in my mx6 , it would bog down and the rpms would bounce some times even when i gunned it to try and stop it.As soon as i changed my plugs and wires the problem was gone.

id be more than willing to help you out, but its REALLY cold out, my garage is just as cold, and ever since i started working on cars as my job, i really have no motivation to outside of work. if u get a heated garage to work in i’ll help ya out with it and bring whatever tools you need.

I plan on checking the plugs/wires/o2 sensor just need a warm fuzzy place with a floor jack as I don’t think my spare tire jack + parking lot is too safe… haha

Do post up, as I am out of work at 945 and would like to do it tonight

dude, get a spark plug wrench and do the plugs and wires urself, u dont need to jack, and it shouldnt take anymore then 15 mins

I have a plug puller, thats not the point. I think I know how to pull plugs/wires haha. The point is I wanna check the o2 sensor which isnt exactly sitting on top of the motor.

Plus its freezing outside and my parking lot has little to no lighting.

I acutally have the same problem with my vw. I havnt had a chance to pull the plugs yet but I think that is whats wrong because my car runs extremely rich and I have a feeling the plug are gummed up and arent getting enough spark. Mine does it in low rpm 2nd and 3rd gear.