2.5RS winter beater build

I should started keeping track of my work when I first bought it but I’ll just have to fill you all in on what’s been done so far.

-Replaced shift linkage joint for less sloppy shifting
-replaced front WRX seats and torn up rear stockers with my '00 2.5RS seats
-Replaced bad battery
-Removed silicone from roof/rear gutter
-Replaced clips for gutter trim

Now its time to put it in winter mode.

The forester wheels with blizzaks I had last year won’t fit over the wilwood calipers. Luckily I have stock '00 wheels that I bought from a friend last year. Just a little bit of cleaning and they should be ready for the blizzaks to get mounted on them.

I started with a wire brush but got tired of it pretty quickly so I decided to see if they would fit in my blasting cabinet and sure enough I was able to squeeze them in.

almost there

and after not being able to come up with a color that would look good with the car’s silver/grey color I decided to just do black:

woah, those pictures came out like shit. I’ll have to bring a real camera to my garage tonight.

Nice work, I like reading your threads… Definitely get better pics though, doesn’t do the work justice!

I agree with Archie.

Subscribed.

Duplicolor wheel paint I presume? Run a coat of clear on them to change the hue and protect them a bit better as well. Can’t tell if you did.

Sandbllasting came out great! Reading at first I though you had out-of-this-world results with a wire brush :lol

absolutely. The dublicolor wheel paint is fantastic stuff. I actually used it on my honda block and it outlasted the “high-temp” engine paint on my trans by a long long time.

I forgot a real camera tonight, but I’ll have better pictures and the new winter setup online tomorrow.

why did you get rid of the 02 wrx seats?
they are the best fitting seats they ever made for the us.

I’m still working on cleaning up the blue POS to sell. I upgraded the rear seats and door cards to black/grey and the blue WRX seats up front. They look much better in that car and hopefully will increase the resell once I dump a motor in it.

lets try this one more time.

My old snows form the forester wheel were mounted onto the wheels today and rally armor mudflaps were installed, and yes there clearance between these oversized tires and the flaps is practically non-existent.

Looks nice, where did you get your sandblasting cabinet?

Its the harbor freight one, I bought it used for $100 or so.

lets back this thread up a little bit…

Summer mode:

Winter mode:

Nice as usual, sir! Gotta love that car in the Rochester snow!

are you using sand/organics or plastic media for blasting?

check out “green lightning” media, its an organic mineral media.

http://www.blastingmediasales.net/green.html

I had tried quite a few different media before I found one that worked at all for stuff with pitted rust. Someone suggested “black beauty” I happped to find similar stuff with a similar name from tractor supply. It seems to work well, but I’d love to try out some of that stuff you posted.

Did you take off the hood with the STI scoop and sell it or are you just not using it in winter?

I love 2.5rs but last time i looked to find one they all stll run like $7-9000

Just not using it in the winter. I can’t decide whether I like the look of the carbon hood/scoop, but damn, the stock hood is the heaviest one I’ve ever lifted.

and yea, the prices are down to about $6k now. The real problem is that they’re so molested it’s impossible to find one in through and through good condition unless its by chance. I found 5-6 of these in neighboring states to test drive and look at and they were ALL molested beyond reasonable repair. Then the blue one I bought it was sooo close to being an awesome car but the quality of modifications were awful and I later found out the STI block in it was worthless.

one more because I’ve been dicking around with it all morning:

I always loved 2.5 RS’s! Looks good.

you fail

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1489798659.html

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/1502320388.html

10!!! what a steal!! :rofl
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/1475466729.html