SRS everyday scoobaru

Well over the winter I bought this hunk of junk for $850. It was rough lots of rust all stock oem L stuff and a drivers seat that had a hole in the back that you could climb through. The interior also had a 1/8" brown sludge/film covering everything. Disgusting. So I did the following:

• Bought used 2.5 rs seats for $150
  • steam cleaned the entire interior
  • bought short shifter and new shift bushings to fix the super sloppy shifting problem
  • oil change
  • plugs and wire to fix the 1-2 gear hesitation
  • drove to maine for a 2.5rs ver5-6 front bumper $75
  • drove to vermont for new hood with scoops $150
  • ordered 98+ black housing healights $150
  • Ordered replacement 98+ grill $44
  • Ordered ver 5 sti lip $100
  • Bought home depot garage door trim for bottom of sti lip
  • 10 cans of satin olive green spraypaint $34 sand paper and bondo $40
  • XXR 16x8 et 0 wheels and used tires $584
  • roof basket and kayak attachment $124
  • 60mm 240sx fender flares $160
  • S-Sport side skirts $180
    And this is what all of that got me. Not to shabby for under $3000 including the price of the car

not going to lie, i actually think its pretty cool

If anyone has that passengers side door moulding I would love to buy it off of you. Its hard to find the L ones that run onto the fender. I keep finding the ones that just simply end on the door with the little round piece

i see this thing everywhere is Saratoga…I fuckin love it!

I dig it.

Needs more low, or needs more high with a meatier tire

not too shabby. Needs more tire.

yeah I wanted to do more tire but the rubbing issues would be real bad. These 205/50s rub real bad at full lock and until i took a BFH to the fender well I couldn’t even turn the wheel. I wanted to do like a 205/70 all terrain tire with some knobby assed mudder design but its just not possible the arch on the fenders is only 28" diameter

More badass than the Lexus

Nooo…you beat me too it. this is my gf 01 subaru L we built a front push bar for, rally lights will be going on soon

I hate you, I’m trying to find flares for my LGT, as I’m not fixing the body damage from the accident an I’m never selling it.

Tell me what flares you run and I’ll join your Subaru army :ninja

240sx jun style universal fender flares. I got mine off ebay for cheap

I love it!! I have a lifted 09 and a lifted 07 wagon with 215/65/16 general grabbers that are meaty as hell.

How well did that fit?

Wonder if your body has the same arches as mine :excited

Plans on lowering? The LGT is lacking in the after market suspension department, may have to retrofit WRX suspension on mine :frowning:

Wow. Car is awesome.

They fit like a glove. Lgt arches have to be bigger though

Im not lowering it so I can go off road

To get a cheap lift, find some forester take offs (struts, springs, tophats). Everything will bolt right up. You just have to use gc top hats in the rear, the front is fine. You can find them pretty cheap on NASIOC.

Damn, might have to pull up next to you with my car and see how different they are.

Was this an Outback model or street Impreza? If this was an outback, it’s a world of difference to what it looks like now. Before shots?

holy shit i love this thing

It was a super super stock impreza l no scoop retarded front bumper ugly as fuck

Take it as a no? :rofl

Upon my ninja interweb lurking, I’ve actually found people putting the RS bumper on the LGT’s :crazy and using the 240sx flares, but it’s a very rare thing in the LGT community to flare anything it seems.

If you get a minute would you mind taking some measurements of the ID to the OD on the flare?