My new beat her for winter

Finally picked up the winter ride so I could saddly put my s2k away for winter.

Came home with a 97 5spd AWD 2.5lter Subaru Legacy Outback. I can not wait for the snow to fall now and to have some fun! Picked up the car from Webster, NY. Planning to drive this to Holiday Valley weekly and any camping, mountain biking or long drive trips I will be taking.

Lets hope for the best.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/boarding087/subaru.jpg

Nice p/u.

Cool.

Things to watch out for/check: the rear brake lines and the gas filler neck.

filler neck was just literally replaced by them uppon purchase. Also had some ABS shit fixed, they said timing was done, and a few others.

Oh and make sure coolant is always topped off. The head gaskets will blow easily on these if it’s not maintained properly.

I’ve heard that about the 2.5’s of this era. The 2.2’s I have heard are a bit more reliable in this area.

Lookin good.

What a coincidence, I’m having mine replaced right now.

Not a coincidence lol. They’re known issues to look out for with these.

Thank you guys for the heads up. I’m sure I will be having fun this winter with driving all over.

Yup, the 2.5Ls are notorious for HG issues. Other than that, you’ve got one of the most cost-effective and efficient was to beat on winter. I miss my 2.2L Legacy from time to time, she was an arctic beast.

One of my favorite cars has been my legacy outback. Bought it with a blown motor… rebuilt it, replaced the fuel hose, and brake lines. Nothing beats AWD, heated seats and mirrors, wagon storage, I could go on.

Yeah… I have the heated seats as well. not sure on the mirrors but for some reason I think they do have it. Its not a bad drive. I’m getting an alignment done on the car and its being paid for by the dealer I got the car from, because they were lazy and didnt do half the things they said. lol

Anyways. Next thing to do is get a damn cd player in this car, Its got the tape deck in it. Not happy! lol

are you going to smoke in it?

Headgasket is such an easy job if it does need one.

lol Not going to smoke in it.

saweet pick up, these seem like the common winter beaters lately

Trying to find OEM fogs for the car, A long with any help I can get for a second set of fogs to mount on the bumper infront of the grill. Figured the Head lights suck and are very dim, almost caused me to hit a deer on the way home last night. I figured I’d get the oem fogs, hook them up and run them all the time, then run a second set to the Highbeams… so when I turn the highs on they turn on as well for country driving. lol

If anyone knows of any fogs to use that are no more than like $80 total for a set, that would be of great help.

looking for something like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19573[/ATTACH]