Winter mods

So what big plans do all you guys have for your cars over the winter season? Any big projects underway? No secret keeping!

dual cigarette lighter sockets and air horns… maybe I should also plug in my sidemarkers…

besides that, tomei poncams, valvesprings, retainers, rocker arm stoppers and etc.

are you gonna answer your own question DeathBy240?

Gonna bolt up that catback soon, otherwise, I’m just saving, saving saving. 8)

Exhaust, and suspension.

black top s14 sr20

top mount fuel rail
walbro fule pump
greddy front mount
and maybe if i get the money that edge bodykit i want

ohh also a cf hood

Nope! Thats top secret!

Gram Lights, ACT clutch, bigger injectors with fuel rail, emanage map sensor and RUCAS so far…

not being very fair are we?

Hahaha. I dont have much. New springs and struts, and a Recaro if I decide to get some brackets made.

Aren’t you leaving something out Jamie? :wink:

I wanted to get either the CA or teh SR swap done. Not sure of either at the present time. I wanted to get the suspension done and drop 'er down a few inches. Everything is sorta on hold at the moment.

50 pound injectors
boost gauge, boost controller, water temp gauge and oil pressure gauge.
air fuel controller, blow off valve.

five speed swap.

did i leave anything else out ??

So far I have ordered/ had installed JE pistons, rods, FMIC, BOV, all new intake piping, ecu tuning, S-AFC,manual boost controller, dropzone springs, kyb struts, oil pressure gauge, air/fuel gauge, fuel pump, and another momo seat. It seems like I really enjoy poverty.

Timing chain is getting noisy (206K). Instead of just replacing the chain, I asked Speedworks for a quote on building up one of their KA24DE to 10.5:1 compression and putting in better cams, then swapping it for my engine.

At the monent the engine is out and I am stitch welding the frame and building a roll cage and painting the bay the same as the body. Also rebuilding the harness with the other shit I want in there. Attention to detail is fun for me

Just got some Tien HA’s for the rear, pretty basic but they will work and I will still run the sustic’s in the front. Over winter will get Greddy intake, Spec stage 2 clutch, Turbo elbow, Koyo rad and some no name fans from mopac, Imola R steering wheel, R33 GTR seats, TC rods, upper rear arms and I am still looking for the right rims but I cant make up my mind.

Well today I sold my GT2871R turbo and manifold, wastegate, downpipe and J tube.

But no worries, it was just to make room for my new t3/t4oe, with Crower rods, new pistons, and JWT Cams all en route. Block will be getting bored in the next few months and everything should be swapped out by spring. Will be running 12psi as a daily with 15psi on track days making about 350-360whp.

Bring on the summer!

Will post pics as they become available.

Wow, a det pulsar. That was going to be my next project, I thought it hadn’t been done in Alberta. Major props, I love those cars 8)

Anyways, I guess I’ll make my first appearance out of the Calgary section.

My winter pile of parts building up in the corner of my room consists of:

• apexi safc2
  • autometer boost and air/fuel gauges with stainless steel gauge panel to fit in where the center vents are
  • stainless steel clutch line
  • hks ssqv to replce the jdm blitz ss…we’ll see what sounds better
  • 16" 2800cfm electric fan w/ thermostat
  • 5zigen fn01r-c w/ tires (17x7 Front, 17x8 Rear)
  • honda s2000 hid’s in h4 housings (yes I’m going to do something about glare :slight_smile: )
  • compustar 2way fm alarm/starter/turbo timer
  • silvia power folding heated mirrors w/ switch

Hopefully will have some GAB coilovers. sideskirts, and an lsd by spring :slight_smile:
All going onto an '89 fastback 240 w/sr20

[quote=“Z3NK1"”]

I prefer the Blitz actually, my brother has one in his 240. But its definately not as unique of a sound as the HKS.

I prefer the Blitz actually, my brother has one in his 240. But its definately not as unique of a sound as the HKS.[/quote]

I ran the Blitz for the 3 weeks I drove my car…and it sounds awesome, but the fluttering sound makes me wonder if I have bad compressor surge, or if it’s just the nature of the bov. I then stumbled across an HKS ssqv on a stock ca18det and it sounded nuts, more of a piercing sound, could probably knock birds out of trees lol. So I bought a used one, wetsanded the polished finish off to give it a brushed aluminum look, and it’s sittign there waiting to be tested. I kind of like the Bliz becuase I havn’t seen it on many cars over here, where as the HKS is very common, but we’ll see…argh I can’t wait till spring :frowning:

Yeah my brothers “flutters” as well. Well if you choose to get rid of it, let me know. Sounds like a good winter mod list tho.