Winter mods

fluttering can also mean that the spring or valve adjustment is too tight and the sound is the turbo and air filter making the sound because the BOV is not venting the air under lower boost …

aka …ruining the turbo

Yeah I tried playing around with the spring…didn’t seem to do much. Another reason I got the HKS…plus I can re-circulate it.

Thx for the info!

Typh00n, you still owe me that intercooler! LOL jk :stuck_out_tongue:
(86max on beyond)
What’s new?

Yeah, the turbo. lol.

Yeah fuck, I don’t care if people know, so here goes:

Energie Bushing kit
Rear subframe spacers
MB ML side markers
Get those damn Type X signals wired up properly
B&M Short shifter cause I don’t like the OBX one
SS Autochrome “new” manifold
O2 extension
Taka Braided turbo lines
GT25R .86 turbo
HKS Actuator
Radiator
Cooling panel
Apexi Power FC
Guages and pods
Wide Band O2 sensor
2 Buddy CLub 9" wheels for the rear, move my 8" to the front and sell the 7" ones. lol.
Tomei Top Feed fuel rail
MSD 72lbs injectors and plugs
And a few new cosmetic ideas for the engine bay (new rad/oil cap, new style valve cover, intercooler piping etc.
Oh yeah, and I need a Cam Angle sensor cover.

Word on the street is that this will bring it into the 360whp range, and with an intake manifold, the 390whp range.

Yes, I too enjoy poverty.

Should be a good summer.

That’s one crazy list :shock: Do you think the cooling panel was actually worth buying? I’ve heard it can lower engine bay temp by 5 degrees. I was looking into one, but wasn’t sure if it would do enough to justify it’s cost.

[quote=“Z3NK1”]

That’s one crazy list :shock: Do you think the cooling panel was actually worth buying? I’ve heard it can lower engine bay temp by 5 degrees. I was looking into one, but wasn’t sure if it would do enough to justify it’s cost.[/quote]

Really? I didn’t hear that. Hmmmm, I’ll look further in to it. I was just going to buy that, but then wanted a rad, and just kept it on the list. lol. We’ll see. Thanks though dude.

I thin kthey are worth it …especially if you are running a front mount

Clutch
Power FC
Injectors
Fuel Pump
Boost Controller
Downpipe and Turbo Elbow
Tein HA’s
R33 GTR seats
Harnesses
Blitz Type 03 Wheels (have them)
GT3071R
Boost, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp Gauges
Greddy Shift Knob
Rear Strut Tower Brace
Get some sort of stereo going

well, looks like i am the only poor student on this website, i am planning to upgrade my fridge and appartement over the winter, i am thinking of buying some extra steak-cut-safeway-brand-fries and extra jello packs during my regular grocery routines, if i can save up few more dollars, i am thinking of getting a stand up light from IKEA because i have no light up on the roof right now, also planning to get few more chairs so my appartement can have more than 4 people at a same time when friends are over

and if i have any left over money after that, tuition, books and surviving

i think i am going to get a new nismo oil cap…

lol, A poor student spending $100 on an oil cap just for bling status :slight_smile:

School sucks, but it’s worth it when you finish. I love the fact that I’m able to have a project car, and It’s great being able to take advantage of not having too many responsibilities being fresh out of school.

:smiley:

you said s2000 HID for H4 housing on your list ?!

you got the Zenki projectors ? (2 projectors with square fog lights) ?

nah I have the normal pop-ups. I’m in the process of ghetto-fabbing some light shields and rigging up a switch to vary how far the lights go up. I live in the country, so having the higher light output will actaully serve a purpose, rather than just being there to look cool :slight_smile:

Should be interesting to see how they turn out. Wouldn’t have done it normally but the whole setup is costing me about 200, so it’s worth a shot.

H4 config headlights are on S13 240sx/180sx

I see that no one has a reversed scoop hood on their list of upgrades. This really only applies to the folks running FMIC’s because it will allow the air to leave the engine bay more efficently therefore lowering the temperature of the air charge, as well as underhood temperatures. I spoke to a fellow in New Zealand who races an S14, and he told me that they seen a huge improvement on engine temps and air charge temps by running the hoods. He swears by them. It makes perfect sense as well. The only reason I can’t see someone buying one is the cost. I recommend them to all our customers with FMIC’s

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.

My winter upgrades include saving for a house in the summer, and building a garage for a future project down the road.

Thats the reason my list is so short. :wink:

I’ll have a CF one come summer. I drive mine year round so I don;'t believe I’ll put it on yet.

Plans for the winter is to get another or close to 300hp dyno run on the ca18 then sell the CA so i can afford all my sr20 parts, build up my sr20 and slap that baby in then i dunno mabey stick the 4agze that i have laying around in my ae86, only thing stopping me is this cold weather and not being able to work to get money for car parts, DAMN YOU WINTER!!!

I’ll have a CF one come summer. I drive mine year round so I don;'t believe I’ll put it on yet.[/quote]Jackson, good to see you with an S platform again.

The first SR swap in edmonton had a reverse scoop in the hood. Great for engine cooling. I’ve two hoods but didn’t want to screw them up even more. Maybe this is the summer to try. My mods this year focus around harness cleanup and engine cooling. My house needs to get paid for as well.