2.8 to 305 engine tranny swap question

i did a 2.8 fuel inj swap to a carbed 305 in my 88 camaro over the weekend and got everything running but run into a small problem with the linkage to the new tranny. i cant remember how the cable mounts to the tranny. the cable has a bracket that mounts to something and i think it is the pan on the tranny but when i mount it to the pan the cable is too short . i also cant seem to figure out how cable actually bolts onto the tranny shifter is there a difference in the shifter on the tranny in a v6 compared to a v8 or are they the same? right now the only thing i can do is put the tranny in drive with shifter in the car in park .

stop by,i’ll show u!

why would anyone swap to a 305, thats a waste. go 350

maybe thats all he had at the moment? and some 305s have more power then 350s

you can make good power with the 305, the only disavantage is it’s small bore

hell he could make it a 335 if he wanted :smiley:

i got a 305 to take the place of the 3.4 i bought. i bought a 3.4 to put in my camaro but when i took the intake off i found out that all but 1 lifter was bad and it looked like someone dumped tar in it. i took the 3.4 back to were i bought it and they gave me a 305 for an equal amount as the 3.4. they also gave me a great deal on a tranny also.

brian
ill try to stop over tommorow or thursday.

atleast you should be able to get some more performance out of the 305

HO or non HO 305?

ya i know, i’ve beat more 350’s than anything but i mean its not like you can’t get a 350 for cheap as fuck!

i dont thunk it would be HO or not but i would guess not since it came out of an 84 full size blazer.

by the way pewterss fixed my problem turns out that the shifter on the tranny was for a colum shift i needed a different piece.

jjs > all.