el camino swap

does anyone have any advice on doing a swap from a v6 to a 350 on a 85 el camino??

yea what you wanna know? is this an el cameo?

It should bolt right in. Im thinking the v6 is a 4.3 and so if it is its 3/4 of a 350 so most of the same parts can be used including the motor mounts and transmission.

Should be an easy swap.

I suggest a 4G63 motor over a carbed 350.

You can also PM members: “GermanPSI”, “94Gt5.0”, “Murrdog9000”, and “LKSi”. They all have pretty good knowledge in V6 to 350 V8 GM swaps.

what about a tpi? or a 7.4 VORTEC?

Prob gonna need v8 motor mounts, ditch the computer and go with a reg carb…heres a write-up

1. Engine - Small Block Chevy (SBC) 305, 350, 400, 383, 327, 307, 283…
  2. Transmission, Flywheel, Driveshaft (All Compatible With Engine, Crank, and Rear Differential)
  3. Trans X-Member (Compatible With Trans And Year Of Monte Carlo)
  4. Transmission And Motor Mounts - GM Clamshell Mounts & Steels For Engine Block, Trans Mount For Transmission Chosen (Motor Mount Steels are available on many Mid 70s-Late 80s GMs)
  5. Engine Sheet Metal and Hard Parts for the Chosen Engine Year (Intake Manifolds and Sheet Metal vary from some years to other years) - Timing Cover, Oil Pan, Valve Covers, Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifolds or Headers (Exh. Manifolds and Y-Pipe will hook up to existing Exhaust with Less Hassle), Non-Computer Controlled Carburetor, 4-Pin HEI Distributor (Non-Computer Controlled), Starter (Compatible with Engine and Trans)
  6. Fan Shroud, Fan Blade, Fan Clutch, Radiator, Water Pump, Radiator Hoses or Electric Fans and Shroud from 307 Cutlass
  7. Front Engine Accessories - Re-Use Old Accessories from the 3.8L 229 Chevy V6 and 4.3L TBI Chevy V6. Need New Front Accessories for the 3.8L 231 Buick V6 (Distributor is Up Front on this Engine) - Many GM V8 Cars and Trucks have Donor Accessories, Serpentine Systems are Compatible also.
    Stock Monte Locations are Alternator at Top/Passenger Side, Power Steering at Botoom/Driver Side, and A/C at Top/Driver Side
  8. Fuel Pump
  9. Wiring Harness or Cut Your Existing Harness to Fit
  10. Air Cleaner
  11. Front Coil Springs - To Support the New Weight
  12. Thermostat, Temp Switch, Oil Pressure Switch, Miscellaneous Vacuum Line and Fuel Line - Temp and O/P Switch Need Matched to Gauge or Lights and Threads on Engine
  13. Tune-Up Parts - Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Distributor Cap and Rotor, PCV Valve, Fuel Filter
  14. Fuel Pressure Regulator if Re-Using Original TBI 4.3L Gas Tank and Fuel Pump
  15. Transmission Shift Cable and Detent Cable (Kickdown Cable)

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:lol:lol:lol

:facepalm

:lol

But yah, the 350 is a tricky swap. You have have to weld in a few more mounts, re route the brake lines, and add another radiator. If you want the number to one of the best el camino mechanics Ive ever met I can give it too you. It’s 518-505-2056. I have never seen any one better than joe jiggs when it comes to mino’s

You are 100% right kev. Forgot about him… Mary rose will even drop him off for ya

fucker :lol

and pick him up half way through the job

gotta bring him to bella napoli first, thats the rendezvous point for any of joe jiggs’ anchoring events

Call 518-496-5792 for all your el camino needs!

+1, Eduardo has really helped me out with my El Camino issues over the past 15 years.

OP, don’t listen to kramerbuccs24. Does notttt have a 'Mino.

6SPD EG gave you a great & knowledgeable ElCamino guru’s number. Name is Kevin.

Kevin has been working with these for years. He is good friends with my father and has done a ton of swaps also. Give him a call from 11 to 5. Thats when he isn’t at work.

lolololololololollolololol