GM 4.3 to 6.0..

Well my buddy and I decided not to sell the 02 sierra 1500 2wd 4.3 auto. We have a 6.0 w. auto trans out of an 02 sierra 2500hd. Front ends are identical, just curious as to if its mainly bolt in? special mounts needed etc. If anyone has done this anyhow. Thanks in advance, pulling the 4.3 shortly.

lots of money and harness is all diff emmisions will be a problem also

dont care how much, were doing all the work ourselves and have a complete running truck w. the 6.0 on it. Harness would be all swapped over, and emissions isnt an issue for us.

good for you then

You will need all mounts, trans cross member, Coolant lines, Power steering lines, Harness, Exaust, Ect. It can be done with a lot of parts chasing.

He’s got a whole parts truck.

I didnt know he had a full truck. I thought I read he had a motor trans drop out…

Go for it. Tho I dont know why you would want to take apart a running 2500 unless it is wrecked…

I swapped a 5.3L in place of a 4.8L in a silverado regular cab 6’ bed 2wd. It ran good especially cause it was 3.73 posi tow package. We would always throw used 265/75 16 Wranglers on it to burn down. It was the Air Force shop truck. LMAO

any motor from gm as long as its in the lsx series will fit if it came with a 8 cyl ,if your truck was a 4.8 duff in a 6.0 with no problem ,and its a bolt in thing just change the tune .now as far as a 6 cyl to a 8 cyl goes have fun with that the labor end aint bad but grafting harnnesis will be fun then comes inspection time

Vermont registration?

not for long as vt is goin emmisions this yr also

My swap was one engine for another identical one… and then the PCM as well. Very simple. 4.8L developed a rod knock from hard use… LOL

yah i have a complete running parts truck/wrecked.

dont understand the swap but its very doable with the donor truck. If your going to do it atleast throw a cam in that 6.0 before ya put it in.

it’ll be a cool truck for sure…i had a 08 silverado reg cab,shortbed with a 4.8 in it which was 295hp stock, it had long tubes and a 100 shot it wen’t pretty good

wana buy a brand new custome ported (by Vengeance Racing)gunmetal painted F.A.S.T. 92mm intake with 92mm Nick Williams throtlebody for it?:excited

also got OTP 1 3/4 Long Tubes for sale out of my 01 ws.6…idk if theyd work for ya