2 channel MA Audio sub amp......not for the weak of heart.

What year did you graduate? I have this sinking feeling I’m about to feel really old. LOL

2006 lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250170069317

niiiiiiiiice lol

Sry bro, if you wanted my daughter’s old Care Bears costume, you shoulda bid LOL

Haha too bad its too small

The amp’s got 5 watchers, anyone on here? Kuntryquest, you’ve got dibs on it, so if you want to meet up before the auction ends, I’ll sell it for the $450 and end the auction.

( I’d much rather sell it to a member on here, and I wouldn’t have to ship it either )

bump* 10 watchers…where are ya Kuntryquest, I don’t wanna ship this thing :smiley:

ugh idk if i want this or tires…:stuck_out_tongue:
i really need tires lol

i did find out its rated at 17v, it might do 2500rms maybe, @ 12v

No worries man, the auction’s now up to 14 watchers, so I KNOW it’s gonna sell, no idea on how much, but it WILL sell lol

I can’t blame ya in terms of deciding on the tires, gotta hook up. :slight_smile:

hey, i’m one of the guys watching it, but im not sure it will be enough for my sub… i need something that does a min of 3200 rms x 1 bridged at 1/2 ohm or else 1600 rms x 2 at 1ohm in stereo…

WTF kind of sub are you powering that needs that much power or can support that much power?

Hell, my Brahma’s start melting the varnish off the VCs at 1600Wrms…

Its a Goliath XX3212 , handles 3600 watts rms (6400 max).

The amp I was going to use with it is a SOUNDSTREAM PCA3500D,
which does 3600 rms into 1ohm or 2500 rms into 2 ohms (its a mono amp)

unfortunately the sub is a quad 2ohm , so the only way I can run it with that amp is at 2 ohms… i would rather get an amp that will push the full 3600 to see what it does.

98 Formula, I had to answer a question on the auction, and that got me thinking about yours and how I never got around to answering it. As I got out the amp’s literature, I thumbed through the manual, and nowhere in it does it say anything about being rated @ anything BUT 12v, it even states on the back page a Warning about proper vehicle inspection and layout befor drilling or cutting any holes, and it goes on to emphesize that ( and I quote): “the +12 VDC power wire must be fused at the battery terminal connection. Before making or braking power connections at the system power terminals, disconnect the+12V wire at the battery.”

That clarifies to me that although there are newer amplifiers that are made by MA Audio that are indeed rated for multiple voltages, this amp is clearly rated @ 12 volts.

This should put the advertised ratings voltage issue @ rest. As for your specific system, this amp will fall short, but not by much. If you were to use this amp however, your best bet would be to wire it into a 1 Ohm load, stereo…each channel would only fall short by 200 watts RMS. Not too far off the mark when you’re talking about such high amounts of power in my humble opinion. :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions that I can’t answer, or you just need clarification from people who certainly know these amplifiers, here’s a link to the “ask us a question page” from their website.

http://www.maaudio.com/category.jhtm?cid=49

Hope this helps, and good luck,
-Eric

TTT

15 hrs left on the auction, and 18 watchers…if you want in on the action, now’s your chance. :wink: