2 Firefighters Shot Dead, 2 Critically Wounded Responding to a Fire

I am shocked and speechless, I am so sorry for all of them and their families…RIP. :cry:

WEBSTER, N.Y. (AP) — Four volunteer firefighters responding to a pre-dawn house fire were shot Monday morning, two fatally, leading to a shootout in suburban Rochester, N.Y., police said.

“One or more shooters” fired at the firefighters after they arrived shortly after 5:30 a.m. at the blaze near the Lake Ontario shore, just east of Rochester, Town of Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.

There was no active shooter at the scene later Monday morning, according to Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn. The first Webster police officer who arrived on the scene exchanged gunfire with the shooter, Flynn said, but he had no other information on the shootout.

The West Webster Fire District received a report of a car and house on fire on Lake Road, on a narrow peninsula where Irondequoit Bay meets Lake Ontario, Flynn said.

“When they got there, they stated to take on rounds and the initial responders were struck,” the sheriff said.

The fire started in one home and spread to two others and a car, officials said.

The two wounded firefighters were in critical condition at a Rochester hospital, Flynn said.

Webster, a middle-class, lakeside suburb, now is the scene of violence linked to house fires for two Decembers in a row.

Last Dec. 7, authorities say, a 15-year-old boy doused his home with gasoline and set it ablaze, killing his father and two brothers, 16 and 12. His mother and 13-year-old sister escaped with injuries. He is being prosecuted as an adult.

source: Times Union

:Idiots…This is unbelievable. RIP

Absolutely sickening… what is this world coming to? My heart aches for those families today. Hoping the other 2 make it :frowning:

Why would he… I dont even…

He killed 5 people? :wow

I wonder where the 15 year old got the weapon, stolen, parents, bought?

Edit: Another seemingly rich neighborhood and who wants to bet the crazy kid was white?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/189cf9metpz9rjpg/xlarge.jpg

Ungrateful pieces of shit.

Thoughts go out to those firefighter’s families. Awful time for something like that to happen.

No words…RIP

Absolutely horrible, this shit is really pissing me off, I just don’t get why people can be such scum.

My thoughts are with the families of the firefighters.

And to make matters worse you have assclowns like this posting on FB and for those who don’t know he is referring to Allstar Tactical which is Mike Centola’s company. FUCKING IDIOT.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9787/20715406778961616414569.jpg
]

^^^is that info false?

He runs his companies out of a “used to be” house, its zoned commercial and 100% legit, everything he does with his companies is exactly by the book, the fact that some asshole is trying to make the company look bad is absolutely ridiculous.

The only company sign out front is for Technotic Media and there is nothing wrong with that, his advertising is all word of mouth.

unreal, this is sickening

Prosecuted as an adult. Yes.

Is nobody else seeing that it’s not criminals that go on these killing sprees but typically suburban young kids with likely mental and family problems?

Criminals have their own games they play, they don’t shoot up schools, malls, churches and fire fighters.

Most of those houses are abandoned, that’s a pretty poor section of Webster.

updates: http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/top_stories/624533/rochester-area-firefighters-shot-at-scene-of-fire--two-killed/

According the press conference, it appears that the fire was a trap for the firefighters…

Police Chief Gerald Pickering has just announced that the gunman responsible for the shooting was found dead of an apparent gunshot wound outside one of the burning homes, and is believed to have set the fire himself in order to entrap the responders.

One of the two firefighters killed in the tragedy was a local police lieutenant; the two injured victims are an off-duty police officer from the town of Greece and a Rochester firefighter who volunteers in Webster.

At least four houses were damaged in the fire.

Creepy.

The 15 year old started a fire last December that killed his father and two brothers. I don’t think there’s any idea yet on the identity of the shooter today.

Reading > me.

Ditto.

Today’s shooter was found dead with a bullet wound, last I knew they weren’t sure if he killed himself or law enforcement did.

I hope the LEO did.