20' or more HDMI cable

before I make a newegg purchase, does anyone have one that they are not using?

the price at newegg is 25, with shipping, I will pay that if I can pick up one local.

They’re 18 bucks on MONOPRICE.COM

Not sure how much shipping would add but they come pretty quick. Though if you’re already ordering from newegg, probably not worth it.

I like the look of this flat one, only $14:

word, thanks guys, i saw monoprice when i google’ed them.

I have a brand new 50 footer. $20

i will do that, I will send you a PM.

Not to shit on his sale, but if you need 20’ use 20’. A 50’ run is where you start running into issues with signal loss.

If I recall correctly cnet didn’t see any problems at 50 ft. I’d buy it if I didn’t just buy a 30 which was about an inch from being too short. I paid 13 from amazon.

In practical terms, today, for distances 50 feet and shorter, even economical HDMI cables are usually reliable at 720p, 1080i and (though this is less consistently so) 1080p.

My neighbor had the jackasses at Stereo Advantage do a whole home theater install for him. They ran 50’ HDMI in wall and through his garage and left him about 15’ extra coiled up and he was getting pixelation any time he tried to push 1080p through it. Now the installers are saying they probably should have used a higher end cable since it was a 50’ run. Last I heard the cable was getting swapped out with a 40’ higher quality cable but there was some fighting about who was covering the cost of labor.

Bottom line, you always want the shortest run possible to preserve signal quality. So if a 20’ will do don’t buy 50’.

I did some research on this when I opened up my walls to do my wall mount on my plasma. I needed 15’ so I went 15’, and since I didn’t want to have to re-snake cables down the road I went with the higher spec cables from monoprice to help futureproof them at least for a few years.

thanks guys, i got a freebie, 20’ :slight_smile:

Jay, when i built my house i ran 2" pvc through the wall so i could just snake it, quick and simple.

ugh… very jealous of this.

Cnet also said premium cables are a joke. I tend to agree. I’m sure he will be happy either way.

Monster and other name brands charging over $30 are a joke. There are differences between a 1.2 and 1.3 certified cable at monoprice. In a short run you’ll never see a difference though.

That I agree with… but certified cables don’t need to be brand name.

:tup:

update,

50’ no good for the cable I got from jabbu. He is a great guy, so, NO i did not get taken for.

I wanted to try it out and for $20, why not.

FS: 50’ HDMI cable

ps JAYS, it did have some signal loss

www.monoprice.com and get the length you need and nothing more.

I won’t say I told you so. J/k. Too bad it didn’t work but at least with your PVC runs it’s easy to swap out.

yes, i already had one from them, but i wanted to see if i could run one upstairs to my sons room. I didnt go through the PVC, i tested it 1st… has a good engineer :slight_smile:

How many feet do you need? Amazon has 15s or 25s, I’ll have it delivered thursday. PM your addy.

Monoproce ftw
And yes shorter the better

Thank you! stand up guy right there! no need, but stop over any time!

Yes, i had bought one for me real set up prior, this what just a test… fyi not the 1st test that i have failed…