2000 Subaru Impreza Rs - $1500

Car is sold.

This car is a piece of shit. Just putting that out there now. This car is not pretty, its probably not a car you would buy for your grandma. I bought the car to be a beater-- I have never washed it. I did not give a shit what it looked like because I hated the car (look at the stripes- how could I like it?). My hatred for this car is irrational-- it has NEVER left me stranded and I have never had any real mechanical issues with it. Great in the snow- has an LSD in the rear and no pesky traction control.

Bought this car a couple years back from a guy in Rochester. Car had 131k on chassis, 64k on motor (i forgot to look at current mileage-- we will say 145k until I go look). I was told the clutch was replaced at this time as well but I have no proof of this. Clutch holds fine. JDM sti wing, borla headers, stromung exhaust. This car is faster than the 2 GC imprezas I have raced (is it considered racing if it takes 8 seconds to get to 60mph?).

The stock suspension was toast shortly I bought it-- was like driving a parade float. I put on '02 wrx springs and struts. It has monster truck tires on it now and they rub when going over big bumps.

Known Issues:

The car has been sitting for a while. The brakes have rust on them and should probably be redone.

The car has been in an accident before. The driver door and fender were replaced by the PO.

CEL for o2 sensor. The car has an o2 sensor simulator that allowed it to pass inspection before (aftermarket exhaust) but it doesn’t seem to be working anymore. It still lights up so it could be as easy as rewiring the thing.

Rust. There is rust in the usual spots. There’s rust along the windshield where some paint came off. Nothing too excessive.

The rear bumper was hit in a parking lot and is falling off. Needs zip ties.

Water. The car leaks on the drivers side. I think its the windshield and/or the sunroof. I hated the car and made a horrible 20 minutes attempt to fix it with a tube of windshield glue and duct tape and failed miserably. The metal trim along the windshield was removed, and it never went back into place correctly since the plastic tabs broke. The interior smells like there has been water in it. If you fixed the leak and put some desiccant in there, I’m sure it would be better. This is the biggest issue with this car, and I would probably hate the car much less if this issue was fixed. I just never cared enough.

The AC worked and got gradually worse over the summer-- started to only work at highway speeds. Probably has a small leak. Would prob work for the summer if recharged.

ADDED******

I went out today and started the car—even with the temp at 9 degrees, the car started right up. Hearing it run reminded me of 2 issues I forgot to mention previously. Forgot to get pics in the light.

1. There is an exhaust rattle in the front. Should be an easy fix.

2. The power steering belt needs to be replaced. The car has an afermarket crank pulley on it so the length of the belt is a bit too long and squeals until it warms up. I have the belt in the trunk, just needs to be replaced.

Price: $1500.

This is what it looked like when I bought it. Its not what it looks like not, but you can get the general idea of what the paint looks like. Last 3 pics are current. Ill get better ones once its not snowing and the sun is out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22851[/ATTACH]

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/johnms88/100_1536.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/johnms88/2013-01-21_19-24-12_398.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/johnms88/2013-01-21_19-23-42_216.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/johnms88/2013-01-21_19-23-11_337.jpg

Car’s raw bro

Rofl at ad, quttraokrant jr?

do you still have the rims in the first pic?? Ill trade my stock 05 wheels plus some cash if you do.

I do have them. I was going to keep them for my other car since they have pretty good tires on them. Do your wheels have tires?

they do. tires have maybe 40% id say. Id throw you a little cash.

I want this…

I love fs threads that start with “This car is a piece of shit” lol

trade for a desktop PC? lol glws, wish I had some cash, I would scoop this up

This is exactly how I would plan on selling the Jizm.

Glws dude lol, someone will scoop this up.

Trade for bag of Candy Corn M&M’s ?

So you’d try to sell it as a Subi? That’d be misleading.

Winter beater lowball of 800.

Tires in good shape?

I’ll throw in a miata starter/Frame rail supports and miata wheels I have.

This ad is great, love the honesty! GLWS!

I already have multiple people coming to look at it so I cant. Sorry.

Good Deal

rallyx car?

ADDED******

I went out today and started the car—even with the temp at 9 degrees, the car started right up. Hearing it run reminded me of 2 issues I forgot to mention previously. Forgot to get pics in the light.

1. There is an exhaust rattle in the front. Should be an easy fix.

2. The power steering belt needs to be replaced. The car has an afermarket crank pulley on it so the length of the belt is a bit too long and squeals until it warms up. I have the belt in the trunk, just needs to be replaced.

I have had a lot of interest. Someone is coming now to look at it and someone wants to come tomorrow, with 2 others figuring out their schedule. First with cash takes it. Have the title in hand.

this sale ad just made my fucking day. a+ would read again.

Car is sold.

the guy that bought it really got a piece of shit