2001 Ford Focus ZX3 $400obo

Ford Focus ZX3 5spd
Pwr windows/locks
Decent snow tires
150,000 miles

I have had this for 2 years now. It has been a great daily/winter beater. No CEL’s.

It clunks a bit in the front, - but nothing that needs immediate attention. This would be a great beater to get you through the winter! Selling because I’ve got another car.
Rusty around the wheel wells, hatch, and hood.

Update 3/3 - pics in post #18

• I was supposed to get this fixed by a friend, but it’s just been sitting. So any takers? It’s leaking brake fluid and from what I’ve read online the clutch and brake system use the same reservoir. My guess is that it’s either the Clutch master or slave cylinder that’s leaking - so if you’re experienced at fixing these kinds of issues this would be a great deal for you. It’s a great car otherwise, I just don’t have the time or $$ to put into this problem since I’ve already got another car right now. Taking pictures within the hour. $400obo.

what do you mean by it could use some things? What exactly is broken/needs replacing?

It may need a tie rod eventually, rotors pulse a bit, and an alignment. I don’t think it’s an emergency - i’ve been using it the past few weeks since the dsm is in the garage and it drives well.

pm me your contact info and what the car will exactly need.

id like to come check it out this week.

bump

bump - someone come and get this.

Any pictures?

So there’s something wrong with the clutch now - The pedal moves up and down Freely, but does not disengage the clutch - I was able to make it home by keeping it in second. SO at this point I just want to get rid of this thing, and before I junk it I’d like to see if anyone on here wants it. I was thinking $400obo.

Hmm interesting. PM me some info and maybe some pics and we’ll see if we can work something out. Thanks.

Bump - I was supposed to get this fixed by a friend, but it’s just been sitting. So any takers? It’s leaking brake fluid and from what I’ve read online the clutch and brake system use the same reservoir. My guess is that it’s either the Clutch master or slave cylinder that’s leaking - so if you’re experienced at fixing these kinds of issues this would be a great deal for you. It’s a great car otherwise, I just don’t have the time or $$ to put into this problem since I’ve already got another car right now. Taking pictures within the hour.

post up pics.I might be interested

400 is seriously cheap…

any brake fluid in the footwell? I think the master or slave sometimes leaks there. The front clunking is likely just the swaybar endlinks. that is cheap

YGPM

PMed.

chances are your clutch master cylinder is shot, its attached to the clutch pedal inside the car. the clunking on the front is either swaybar endlinks, or the springs have cracked (they had a recall on the springs in salt states)

Is this IwantAsupra’s old car? Black hatchback? If so I did every maintenance item on it during his ownership lol, I was his personal focus mechanic

x2

Pics

Yea its his old one. I’ve had it for 2 winters and has been great till now. It’s gotten a little rusty but it runs fairly well for how old it is. Just needs this repaired at this point. My loss someone else’s gain…its.definitely got some more winters left in it

[/COLOR]If anyone wants to look at it text me at 507+2560. I’m available all day today n tomorrow. I would reply individually to everyone’s pm’s but this has been a giant pain on the cell phone.

holy crap this thing is a smoking deal for $400 glws i’m tempted to sell my truck and fix this…