2003 cobra?

right now im trying to sell my modified 2005 cobalt ss/sc. a friend of mine who owns a used car lot/auto shop has a 2003 mustang cobra he bought for himself and then decied to sell. i want the car but i need to sell my car first so i dont have to take out a loan. but i think im gonna bit the bullet and get a loan until my car does sell. its bone stock besides a bbk cold air intake and has 20,000 miles on it. i can purchase it for 18,000 or 19,000. good deal? its also that dark gunmeatal color and has the aluminum cobra r rims not the chrome ones with 4 new tires. other than the wheels i believe all the other options on cobras are the same. should i buy? (ps it is supercharged)

Truthfully, and I’m sure most will agree. That car sounds to be worth around $15,000. This is especially important when trying to get a loan on one. If you have any financing questions, PM me Jeremy.

Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Is this in the showroom at Transit/Terrace?

DSG is a hot color.

yea it is its adam mazz’s car but that kid buys a new cobra saleen or lightning every 3 weeks lol

Be careful buying one of those things.

I would want to know the history of it.

Is it a 4r70w car or a stick?

The motor is pretty much bulletproof unless you do something very stupid with it.

Great car, tons of fun.

Yours sounds a little too expensive.

IMO price seems good for the mileage.

its a standard transmission. i was thinking 19,000 isn’t too bad, what do they usually go for? and what type of mods would you recommend for the car

All of them were supercharged
all of them were stick
and if the mileage is really that low. 18000 is a good price because this is a terminator cobra, kbb value doesnt really apply look on ebay thats the going price for cars with 30-50k on them. so that price is a steal for one with 20k on it. as long as its not been beat on too bad I would say do it they are great cars you will love it I take my fathers out every now and then, id love to own one but i cant afford the insurance on one so im building my 5.0 for now.

ps- how old are you did you check the insurance rates on these probably quite a bit more than a cobalt? if this is going to replace your cobalt as your daily driver id think about a few things: tires and breaks are pretty expensive on these. you can only run 93octane in the 4valve supercharged engine its not the same as a gt, if gas goes back up this summer it could get pricey at 5$ a gallon. Just some things to consider good luck either way.

thanks for the info. i know they were all supercharged but i never really looked into mustangs before idk why though lol. My dad owns a auto repair shop (walczaks auto service) so im not worried about maintenance i get good prices on all my parts from napa and do all my own work. as for insurance i honestly haven’t looked into it yet but i make good money for being a 20 year old, and yes i work for my father. and i just want to say he is not buying this car for me, paying my insurance, or paying me lots of money to work for him. i think i should probably make more money for the auto work i do seeing as how i am a very experienced mechanic. i just wanted to make all that clear after i said i work for my dad and make decent money lol

DO IT, I would love a Termi. I honestly wouldn’t care how bad the first 20,000 miles were, I care about the maintenance.

I definitly will not agree. 18 or 19K is a very good price. Normally you would be looking at 21-23k

If I can offer any advise though it would be to sell your car first. Right now in this economy there is no guarantee you could sell your car without having to give it away.

did it have the head tick recall fixed yet?

Check for a blue stripe on the driver side head next to the fuel rail. If it has a blue stripe it means it has newer heads on it from the valve tick issue. Is the Termi stock? Check the rear pumpin for any leaks. If you’re going to have fun with this car start off with intake, catback, pulley, and a tune. With those mods the car will put down ~450rwhp with similar torque. A rear diff brace is HIGHLY reccomended if you’re going to drag the car because wheel hop shatters pumpkin covers on these cars very easily. The stock shifter is complete garbage. My knuckles touch my radio when in 1st and 3rd gear. MGW makes a great short throw. Also, a clutch cable firewall adjuster is a must. I’m sure Bladez and Cobraman will have more to add but this should get you started. Good luck with the purchase, you won’t be sorry.

buy a ls1 :slight_smile: jk man, hmm sounds like someone will be keeping up with me this summer after my car sells.