2003 Honda CBR600rr with blown motor

It DOES NOT have a salvage title. The bike was never wrecked, the only problem is the motor. There are a couple scratches that I took out of the clutch cover from the previous owner dropping it in his driveway, but that’s it. And I’m sure everyone knows about my brother taking it into some trees last year, but it was all cosmetic damage, the bike never hit the ground, and all of the plastics have been replaced. I figure that if i can make a quick sale, it will save me the headache of parting it out. And if someone wanted to buy it and then part it and make a clean $800+ then all the better for you.

The Rundown
~17k miles on it.
Plastics are all gloss black and in nearly perfect condition. (not on bike now)
black lowers
zero gravity double bubble clear windscreen
-1/+2 Vortec sprockets and 520 chain
pilot power 2cts. (rear needs replacing)
swingarm and pegs are powdercoated satin black
front forks are painted black
integrated tail
custom exhaust (made from stock exhaust, but debaffled and packed)
Fork seals were recently done.
Clutch was good before engine failure.

And that’s all I can think of for now. I only tracked the bike once. And I haven’t torn the motor down yet to figure out what caused the issue. I have some guesses but I’ll wait on the teardown.

I have seen used engines going for as little as $400, and sometimes less. Just need to find a good deal and this could be a great project for someone.

I would be looking to get $2800 OBO

Here are a couple pics of the bike as it will look with the plastics on. (but now the stator and clutch covers are black and the windscreen is clear)

And as she sits now. :frowning:

PM me if you’re interested in coming to look at it and I’ll give you my cell #. I’m in University heights off of englewood.

:frowning: :frowning:

I vouch 100% for seller

I vouch 200% over zong for seller

i have 300% on all parties thus far…

does the bike run? can i test ride it? where did all the plastics go? can it wheelie? will you ship to hawaii?

+1

+1

+1

I’m vouching all over this thread’s face.

I’m vouching all over everyone’s face…and for this bike.

This would be a perfect project for someone looking for a 600, or even for a track bike

Buy some cheaper eBay race plastics, swap a motor in there and have a dedicated and amazing handling track bike.

BAM!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-HONDA-CBR-600RR-MOTOR-ENGINE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a019bbd76QQitemZ180415610230QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

'03 motor with 6k miles :tup:

this is a great deal…mine had almost double the miles and ran really strong…im sure it was something silly that caused it to gernade

glws…

if someone would buy my bike id scoop this up for a project.

Paulo gets a :tup: from me, great guy.

Are there different engines that drop right in?

Not that I know of. The 05/06 engines will bolt up just fine but there are a couple minor things to change out.

paulo buy that engine… swap it… bam sell this for 4k easy.

Come do it for me. lol. I’ll pay you in dart games and chin ups.

tempting… thinking about it… <3