2004 350z tires...

Re-edited so that everything is in one post…please leave comments if I’m going the wrong route but a majority of this is from your feedback and what i’ve read on my350z.com

Run down on the car which i’ll be picking up this saturday June 1st…

Vehicle: 2004 350z touring black
Tires: Oem front and rear with 44,000 kms on(unsure if it was ever brought in for tire feathering but I read that the tire feathering will always be there for the 2003-2004 models - correct if i’m wrong - this is also the area i’m most uncertain of and wondering your experiences on them).
Breaks: Still oem
Hose Recall: Unsure if it was ever taken into for that
HID problems: Previous owner - was fixed by Nissan

Alright now here are the things that I’ve researched so far that’ll get this car back into good health,

1. Tires/Tire Feathering/Alignment: Goodyear F1 GS-D3(from my350z) - #1 priority!

unsure of the price but most likely i’ll just have these for the front tires and keep oem in the back(reality I may be harassing you for those rear oem tires you have for sale!). Now has anyone been able to completely fix the tire feathering problem in their '03 or '04 models? The alignment is no longer under the warranty so any alignment costs will have to be out of my pocket…and switching to TIEN suspension will be too costly at the moment. Need great help as so far my350z.com in that sticky thread says…it’ll always come back so i’d have to get new tires every time.

1. Engine Oil : Motul 8100

2. Filters: K & N Filters - buying these from canadian tire - now…i’m clueless as to how to install this thing lol.

3. Detailing: Still undecided at this point but its either gabe or from one of the other members suggested people (if I decide i’ll give you a pm for the hook up). Hoping the scratches can be buffed out because I can’t really feel the scratches on my fingers.

4. Differential / Transmission: So whats the expected lifespan before each tranny change? and which oil is best for this? Read ppl need to do this frequently and what does a shop usually charge for to do this?Motul Gear FF Competition or Motul Gear 300 (75W80, 75W90)? I’m assuming the Gear FF is better?

5. Brake Fluids / Additional Fluids? - i’m assuming anything from the rest of the motul family, engine clean, their brake fluids…

Anything else I’ve might have missed out to get this car back to mint?

Later on to come…pretty much stuff that aren’t important…

1. Brembo Brakes…how much is that kit after at speedstar? >.<

2. Rims (Volks) forgot if it was the TE or the LE ones…still have to read up whats really the difference but the bronze model one is def. looking slick to me.

3. Track Tires…I eventually want to learn how to drift so what would be appropriate tires for that?

Any advice is welcomed and not forgotten.

Much appreciated,

Hock aka Hawk aka hkc…different ways to refer to me ; /

hey, check http://www.1010tires.com/tires.asp

They have good prices and shipping is cheap.
on this website you can also get info about the tires and costumer reviews…
hope this helps…

Azenis 615’s are probably the best bang-for-your-buck…

Discuss.

you could buy used tires from Reality350z. I know he’s trying to sell some of them.

anyways, the numbers aren’t too confusing. If you’re staying with OEM sizing, the only tires you’re going to be looking for are:

225/45/18 for the fronts
245/45/18 for the rears.

unless you want to go for some wider tires for better grip.

In case you are interested, I have six tires for sale 4 x 225 18" and 2 x 245 18". All Bridgestone potenza RE040’s with at least 80% tread life. If you are interested check out my for sale post, I will make you a great deal.
http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1873

Cheers,

Edit: noodle beat me to it!!!:R

^^^ good deal on the tires!:R

looks like i’m getting a gangbang with reality taking the lead lol.

i’ll think about the tire package set since it can save me some cash…stil deciding between ultimate tires or saving money hehe.

dub, thanks for the link - website sure helps out.

It looks like this weekend is when i’ll get the Z…maybe friday/saturday but too bad i won’t be able to drive it to that big event on sunday =p

doing a slight bump for new content change to original postdon’t hurt me :drivin

These things can be verified by visiting any nissan dealership.

A proper alignment should get rid of any feathering issues. You can use Vincents auto service, he performs laser alignments and his pricing is very reasonable. $85 taxes in.

1. Motul 8100 is good stuff.

2. You can probably get the filter from parts source, the install is brain dead easy.

I used Motyl Gear Oil, as it was designed to work with noisy diff’s & trannys, I must say it has made a considerable difference.

I intend on using full motul for all fluids.

1. will cost you a fortune, might as well go with a stoptech/endless/willwood BBK.

2. will also cost you a fortune, ordering from the states does seem to save you money.

3. Buy my oem’s and use those for track:) No point in paying big bucks for tires you plan on nuking.

Cheers,