Used car check

Hey guys,

Once again I turn to Shift for help. This isn’t anything dire, just need to have a car I’m more than likely buying checked out. I talked to Darryl, but I know with everything going on over there, their priorities need to focus on that and I don’t want to burden them. I’m snagging a used 2004 350Z from a used car place on Central called Unique Auto Plaza. They’ve been nothing but awesome to deal with and worked with me a lot. I just want to bring the car to an independent party to have it looked at. They also offered to let me use their lift if I wanted to have it looked at right there. Seeing as how I know nothing about the Z, that’d be useless for me. Any ideas where to bring it? Nick (with the silver 350 on Rota’s or something…) said a Nissan dealer, which I’m not opposed to and I think could be best.

This wall of text not brought to you by KrazyKid. TL;DR version- buying used, need to have it looked at, who does I go to?

Take it to Lia Nissan on Central.

x2 or someone else who knows a good amout about nissans and 350z obviously. I was told to just check tire feathering and make sure I went through all the gears because of 03/04 synchro problems which at the time they were fine upshifting and downshifting but 5-7kmi later my third gear synchro is starting to go:(. Other than that awesome pick up! Now that I have one I notice a lot more than when i didnt have one lol. Good Luck and Great buy!

texting you NAO micheal

Spell my name right then text me, dickface.

Yeah Jefferay.

lol i woulda looked at it for you. dummy.

[quote=McLen;647912]Hey guys,

Once again I turn to Shift for help. This isn’t anything dire, just need to have a car I’m more than likely buying checked out. I talked to Darryl, but I know with everything going on over there, their priorities need to focus on that and I don’t want to burden them. I’m snagging a used 2004 350Z from a used car place on Central called Unique Auto Plaza. They’ve been nothing but awesome to deal with and worked with me a lot. I just want to bring the car to an independent party to have it looked at. They also offered to let me use their lift if I wanted to have it looked at right there. Seeing as how I know nothing about the Z, that’d be useless for me. Any ideas where to bring it? Nick (with the silver 350 on Rota’s or something…) said a Nissan dealer, which I’m not opposed to and I think could be best.

Mike really… I have works not rotas you know that.
You trying to get me mad…

I personally know the owner and his son (they moved here around the time that my family came to the states and we go used to go to the same church) of the dealership. You should be okay.

But yeah, just take it to Lia Nissan around the corner if you have to be sure. I think its like $100 for a thorough inspection?

They’re fake. Fakefakefake.

Just kidding buddy <3. Yes, I was trying to infuriate you.

And Ilya, that sounds dope. Just not sure if I wanna pay $100…

Looks like rotas to me…

I rock Rotas… those are rotas.

No those are legitimate works rims

Ya… those rims work… nothing wrong with rotas…

^ Hahaha. Nick, he’s fucking with you buddy.

Also, speaking of fucking. I need to sit on some ice. That dealership decided to sell the Z after I put a deposit on it and TOLD THEM I was buying it Saturday… Anyone wanna find me an 04 or newer Z for 16k or less that I can preferably buy like, now? Thanks.

Just goes to show you that God dislikes Nissans as much as I do :slight_smile:

:rofl Wayne

Did you get your deposit back? That’s pretty f’ed up. I haven’t heard of them screwing people over before but only that they tend to charge on the higher end of a cars worth. I’ll make sure to inquire wtf happened.

Lol Wayne, you big jerk! And Ilya, it wasn’t from Lia, it was an independent place. I’m probably going to head to Lia and Armory tonight to see if they can get anything that’s viable. If not I’ll look for an Si or something.

Yeah, I got you. Unique screwed you over? That’s how I read it. I’m surprised they did. I know they tend to charge a little bit higher, but I haven’t heard through the grapevine of them screwing people over like they did you.

Just to confirm, this is the Unique Auto Plaza on Central Ave between the two bridges? Underpass Motors (HID’s, detailing, tinting) across the street? Oleg and Steve?

Yeah dude. Oleg was nothing but helpful. Literally one of the best experiences I’ve had buying anything… then they sold the damn car! I guess he was in NYC the day they sold it, maybe that has something to do with it and I’m just whining. I never met a Steve, but Oleg was legit.

edit- Also, they are apparently getting one on Monday. Still in a bind over the selling of my RSX though :.