2005 Pontiac GTO

sorry man. someone got a good deal :frowning:

The person I bought the car from told me she had the spoiler and was going to give it to me after I bought the car, but once I started messaging her she never responded(this was when I first bought the car from her), luckily I liked the way it looked with no spoiler, so I didn’t care.

Long story short, the new owner went to the GTO salvage yard in NT to get a spoiler the day they bought it(Tuesday). Ron told her he knows the car and it was in 4 accidents from the previous owner(not me but the girl). At least that’s what the new buyer told me that ron told her. I was shocked because I thought it was only the 1 accident on the car fax, and when the previous owner claimed to tap her fence and crack the bumper. I put a new bumper on it, and bought other parts from ron who never mentioned any other accidents.

So I actually feel bad for the new owner, luckily they aren’t mad at me, because I didn’t know about the history of the vehicle. Luckily the new owners husband does autobody, not that the car is in bad shape but I did find paint pealing on the hood so he isn’t worried about that stuff.

Since I owned the car everything I did to the car was maintenance related, and I made the car a much nicer car than when I got it. I think it drove like a new car and probably a lot better than other GTOs with similar mileage. I feel like I’m a terrible buyer though, I lost a lot of money on the car, and wish I never bought it. Whats interesting is the previous owner bought another GTO and when I told her I was going to sell the car she didn’t try that hard to buy it from me.

haha, she is on the buffalo goats facebook page trying to sell that spoiler as of a few weeks ago.

cars almost never are investments. just enjoy them while you have them, and learn from mistakes of owning them.

If you’re going to keep a car less than a year you better be getting a screaming deal on it or prepare the lube. By the time you deal with taxes, depreciation and the DMV you’re going to get the shaft.

Cars are almost never an investment and cars you drive even less so. Anything you’re going to spend above basic transportation you need to budget as entertainment (aka money you spend and it’s gone forever) and decide if that entertainment is enough to justify the cost.

Kinda like a boat?

I’m not surprised lol

I messaged her about the airbag light, I asked her if she removed the airbag fuse or knows anything about it and she said “how can she remember she sold the car to me a few years ago.”

I did have fun with the car while I owned it but the selling process put a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing.