2005 Pontiac GTO

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/6194346418.html

Hi, I’m selling my 2005 GTO due to not driving it much, and looking to possibly buy a house. It has the LS2 corvette motor, and the T-56 6 speed Manual Transmission. I am not interested in trades, I still have a loan on the vehicle in which we can both go to my credit union during the week or on a Saturday to pay it off and give the new owner the lein release, takes 5 minutes. I’ve owned the vehicle for a couple years, I bought about 6k miles ago, it had 99k on it, I drove it to florida last year which put on half of the mileage I have driven since owning the vehicle. The car has been in one minor accident that was professionally repaired and I have pictures to show it.

The vehicle needs nothing to drive around and have fun with, it has never let me down!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/pitbull14218/IMG_20170513_185655_997.jpg

NEW:

-LS7 Clutch/flywheel and fbody slave cylinder - less than 1k miles on it, still breaking it in!
-Hinson Motorsports short throw shifter
-Whiteline strut mounts on low mileage factory struts (drives like a brand new car)
-Radius Rod bushings done by previously owner

• Front Rotors and pads, also have some vented and slotted pads and track pads to go along with car.
    -Oil change less than 1,000 miles ago - full synthetic mobil 1
    -Torco Rear diff fluid with limited slip additive - less than 4k miles since done.
  • Transmission fluid done around 4k miles ago.
  • Pioneer 12" subwoofer for a little extra bass, nothing crazy, no rattling, currently ran with a line output converter to utilize factory radio. Sounds very good!!!
    -Hinson Motorsports Motor mounts - Not installed yet, but will go with car, they were $300.
    -Violant Cold Air Intake - Previous owner installed.
  • SLP Loud mouth catback - Previous owner installed. (sounds amazing, not too loud and not too quiet)
  • Driver Rear Wheel bearing - 4k miles since replaced.
  • Has Tints but will have it inspected before sold.

Exterior - 7.5 out of 10 because I’m picky - its in good shape car has almost 105k so it has little dings and scratches.

Interior - 8 out of 10 - No ripped or torn leather or stitching, has red leather interior, rear seats look brand new, front seats look very good, driver seat has some wear from getting in and out but over all in good shape no tears even in the driver seat!

Tires - They might need to be changed late next year depending how much you drive the car, but definitely can go drive around the rest of the year and beginning of next year!

Wheels - Factory 17s I got from The Fbody GTO salvage yard in North Tonawanda, so these rims are far from perfect, they have curb rash which didn’t happen with this car, they came that way from the junkyard. You can paint them or have them fixed if you like, I was planning to get different wheels eventually.

Call or Text not after 10pm John @ 716 - Three Four Eight - 6121 Price is $8,500 or best offer, NO TRADES!

Thanks!

Fun cars, I miss mine sometimes. Sounds like this one has had the major week points fixed. (Strut mounts, radius rod bushings, slave cylinder).

I did some work on this thing last year, it’s a pretty nice example. GLWS!

That is guys. I did a lot of maintenance type stuff to make it a nice car. It’s not perfect but it’s a good running, looking car.

Price seems reasonable compared to this:
http://www.autoblog.com/used-detail-9206509196340354513-Pontiac-GTO-2006

Price drop to 9.5k, I forgot to mention it has a leaking output shaft seal which I might fix one of these days, also the air bag light is on which is common, could be a bad ground and I’m gonna try to work on these things.

the airbag light wont clear on itself. you need a techII or if you have previously programmed your cluster (have software/cable), there is a vzairbag program you can clear the code.

Oh, well I actually wanted to get it scanned some how. I’ve read of people having the light come on with 30k miles on it. And I guess I should have tried to take care of it earlier but basically I didn’t worry about it and drove the car. Now that I’m trying to sell it I need to fix minor (to me) problems.

It’s crazy the low ball offers I’ve been getting, people don’t even see the car and start low balling me.

Leaking output shaft and airbag light… I’d lowball too. Shit like that shows the car probably wasn’t well cared for.

Dirty engine bay too. Get the whole car washed. Fix the little things and repost it for sale with at least 10 pics.

Yeah but it’s not uncommon problems. I’m trying to fix it as I have time.

the vzairbag stuff will tell you the code/fault.

have you actually had the ab fault cleared? I just went through an 05 to 06 clockspring/SWcontrols upgrade and when I had the airbag disconn, I had to move the car. Once I started it it set off the ab fault. to clear it I used the vzairbag after re-hooking it up when I was done. If the ab fault was there when you got the car from that chick (who btw bought another gto again) maybe she/they disco the airbag and started the car from trying out an aftermarket steering wheel?

http://1337vending.com/vzclustermod/wiki/VZAirbag

Yeah, it could happen from changing the front seats with the battery connected, so I’m not really sure yet what the reason is. I’m gonna take it to the GTO/salvage yard later today, they said they fix the problem all the time.

Yeah she has an 04 now.

I’ve never owned a GTO yet humm… I could sell my caddy and daily this with some snows.

Lol, do it, it has traction control

Update: fixed the airbag light, someone pulled the fuse.

Put a new fuse in, reset the code, no code returned, drove it home, started it a few times and it never returned.

I’m guessing they pulled the fuse because once it was on, without resetting the code the dash beeps at you a few times every time you go to start it.

It could have came on from a battery going dead I guess, or if someone removed the seats with the battery connected. Who knows, such a stupid thing but I’m very relieved.

Now I just need to do the transmission output shaft seal and resolve the shifter rattling.

Aftermarket shifter? If so good luck. I tried everything to make mine stop and nothing lasted more than a week. Guess that’s enough to sell it though. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I hear ya, when I listen to music I don’t hear it and when my hands on the shifter it goes away, but it’s definitely annoying.

Bump 8,500

SOLD, my butt hurts, time to invest in rental propertys.