2006 Ford F150 XLT

I would avoid the ford for all the reasons John listed. You should be able to find a reasonably decent GM 1/2 or 3/4 ton to do what you want. I know several guys that plow with the 3/4s and they do well. Personally I’ve only ever pushed snow with the cummins, but a diesel would be in excess of what you need.

John has a motor, and my pops is interested. Whenever John decides to reply lol.

Most '04+ F150’s are 4wd and extended or crew cabs. The regular cabs seem to be a bit rarer these days because pickups have become the new family car.

Ive seen several F150’s with plows and talked to a few owners and they said the trucks are fine for plowing driveways. One guy plows commercially and said its better for driveways and parking spaces than big parking lots but still good at pushing snow. His son has an F350 for the bigger lots.

My truck currently has 83k and so far the only issues Ive had in two years and 35k was a leaking rear pinion seal and the hvac control panel went screwy but that was only a $40 fix.

The truck runs great. I plan on replacing the plugs eventually, maybe with this years tax return. Its atleast a $500 job. I actually called a few Ford dealers this week for quotes.

While the 5.4 is fine in a half ton its a gutless turd in a 3/4 ton. So is the V10. Ive driven a few trucks that my boss had/has and wasnt impressed with the 5.4 in an F250 or the V10 in his current F350 plow truck. The '04+ Powerstroke is a piece of shit too.

LOL you just said not to get a new F150 because they have no power for plowing and said to get a 4.8??? I worked at a Chevy dealer and would not tell anyone to buy a 4.8 for anything other than riding around in. My friend has a '07 with a 4.8 and hates it too. I had a '04 FX4 and it had PLENTY of torque. I don’t get where everyone comes up with the misinformation.

The spark plugs are a 2 piece crap design but other than that there is nothing wrong with the 5.4 3V. I had a older 2V with a 165k+ that was an awesome truck and motor as well.

My father was the grounds supervisor for PSU college and 90% of there trucks are Fords. The Chevy trucks either crapped trannies out or had rearend issues. They had a few V10 trucks with 4.10 gears and they will push snow AWESOME. Maybe the one you drove was a dud IDK. The 6.0 Powerstroke has issues for sure, but the last 2-3 years the made them many of the issues were addressed.

I have a friend with an '02 F250 5.4 and I just plowed my driveway out the other day and it’s rather larger. It pushes snow fine. He had a '05 2500HD GMC and a '08 3500HD diesel. He likes his '02 F250 and '99 F350 better as work trucks. His 6.0 gas job was in the shop all the time. He said the front end just isn’t strong enough, it rode better than the Ford SD trucks but are not the same as far as a work truck.

It’s not that huge of an operation to do them, if I was closer I’d do them and for a hell of a lot less then that.

TTTRIPLE post.

Get a tractor with a big ass snowblower. They work awesome.

http://www.go-explore-trans.org/images/2007/jan-feb/dsmairport_blower.jpg

the 4.8 has more nut than the 5.4 lt lolol what the hell are u talkin about .

The F250 and F350 Ive driven are my boss’s plow trucks. I took the F250 out a few years ago (no plow on it then) and punched it and the truck couldnt get out of its own way. Slow as shit.

Ive taken the F350 out with the plow on it and it feels like a slug too. Makes alot of noise but doesnt seem to go anywhere. He says it plows awesome though.

Maybe if you stick one in a Civic or a go kart, all they have is upper RPM hp they have nothing for tq. I have driven a pile of them, and with a plow on the front end leans so hard it looks like it just got nailed up the ass. PLUS the GM trucks overheat so bad with a plow if it hits 30 degrees you better take the plow off. My friends 6.0 was the same way.

Ive done plugs on those 5.4’s at work and they are a bitch, you need a 7mm socket to get the coil’s off too. Very strange looking plugs too. and when you do change them, use antiseize on the new plugs for next time!

The plug design is retarded, but you can get a 1 piece plug.

the new plugs are 1 piece so they dont do that . i have all the tools to extract all the shit out when they do break . we have a good system now on getting em out without breakin so many . we use a intake cleaner for a few minuetes on the truck so all the carbon geets soaked around em and while warm we pull the plugs . it cut time in about half doin this way

ya gotta turn the torsion bars up man lololol that and use the cntrl arm snubbers . do that and your fine . the plow truck we use for the shop and so on is a 1/2 ton 4.8 and it does great wor . and pushes the banks great

What did you use seafoam or some BG stuff? I like the BG stuff a lot but just use seafoam a lot since they sell it everywhere now. It sucks it is $10 a can it used to be like $5 years ago when I 1st started using it. Do that then break the plugs loose and spray some Kroil and it will help for sure. I do that even on the 2V motors since the older ones have the stupid 3 thread heads.

bg is all i ever use for that kinda thing . seafoam is great in carbed stuff and thats where it stays

after the plug breaks loose i fill the plug tunnel wit carb cleaner so it keeps it soaked and looses carben .

Ill say that my F150 is no racecar but it cruises nicely on the highway. It takes a bit 0-45 or so but after that its fine. Ive done 103 in it (computer controlled top speed).

Did you really just ask if a pickup truck is offered in 4wd?