2006 Ford F150 XLT

Reading > You. :lol

I asked if all XLT’s were 4WD. Evidently, they aren’t.

Of course they all aren’t. It’s an option you drunk driver.

You’re still missing what I’m getting at.

I was asking if the XLT is a 4WD model period. Kind of like how my car is a M35 (F150) but it’s an X (AWD). There is other M35’s (or F150’s in this case) that aren’t designated as X because they aren’t AWD, etc. I was wondering if the XLT designation meant they were 4WD, 2WD, or both. At time of this threads inception, all I could find was 2WD.

Relax kimosabe :lol.

I think the only time a full size truck manufacturer used a letter designation to denote drivetrain was GM with their trucks. C meant 2WD and K meant 4WD.

I could be wrong, not sure if Ford did something similar or not.

XLT is a trim level. It basically means chrome bumpers and carpets.

XL= POS base model, rubber floors, crank windows, etc. V6 or 4.6 v8.

STX= shit model but has body colored bumpers, aluminum wheels and foglights. 4.6 v8

XLT= nicer equipped truck, carpets, power windows and locks, chrome, optional 5.4, etc.

FX4= even nicer, has skid plates, full power, optional leathers, etc

Which model is yours?

Does a Civic Si come with a block heater?

XLT. Its got quite a few options like power seat, back up sensors, etc but came with ugly chrome steel wheels (swapped for aluminum stock wheels) and no fog lights.

Fog lights are cashhh for when it’s raining/snowing out.

Theyre nice but not on my truck for some odd reason. I bought a set of driving lights to put behind the grille but havent put them on yet (I suck at electrical work).

Can’t you just buy an OEM foglight kit or something?

Paul,

Does your truck have leather? Power passenger seat?

Theyre mounted in the bumper so that would require swapping bumpers, buying the lights, changing the headlight switch, etc. Not really worth it.

No on both and thats fine. I hate leather interiors and to me power seats are senseless. I never move my seat and manual seats are much quicker to move/adjust anyway

How much are the plugs going to cost to do?

$480-800 depending on how many break. Its a 1/2 hour labor for each broken plug.

Fuck that. I wouldn’t even change them unless the truck doesn’t start.

John can probably do them cheaper.

I had my '04 FX4 to 125, but I had a tune to shut off the speed limiter. I had MBRP split duals, Airaid intake, and Predator programmer with custom tune. HUGE difference vs. stock for sure. The lag of the drive by wire was annoying.

FX4 is 5.4 only also comes with limited slip and either 3.55 or 3.73 gears. On all other models it is optional I believe(limited slip). Here was my old truck, sold it to a friend of mine. I like the body color exterior and the black interior.

crap pic