2006 katana valve adjustment

my buddies katana aka can-of-tuna needs the valves adjusted just wanted to know if any of you guys have had any experiance adjusting valves on one of these and any tips or do’s and donts i looked online and it dont look bad at all but just wondering

Potential to be a huge pain if u don’t have the right spacers, I just took mine to the dealership

pm kuntryquest, hes doing mine

Steve’s Custom Cycle in Lockport 625-4372. They do all bikes, everyone there has worked on everything under the sun. Darren has crewed for an AMA Suzuki Team and a Buell Team. He is going to crew for Rizpolli this weekend at VIR (another suzuki).

Odds are though that they do not need to be done.

well he took the bike a few places and they all said it needs it,The kid is a idiot never changed his oil or took care of it so i should just make him pay to take it somewhere but hey whatever noones perfect i am going to have him call and see how much at steves

steves starts @ 400 just to adjust them then if they all need to be adjusted is goes up from there …too pricey for my buddy …another guy in the falls said hed do it for 150 so i might just have him take it there now that u guys scared me … lol

Not true at all. Katanas don’t use shim under bucket. Just get the bike up to temp, take off the valve cover, and check the clearances. Theres a special tool to adjust them, but if you don’t have it, you can use a 10mm wrench and a small flat head screw driver. It’s very easy, and the last time I did mine on the kat it took about 25 miutes. If you need help just let me know.

EDIT: motorcycleanchor.com - motorcycleanchor Resources and Information. That should help

ok cool thats the page i was looking at …ill keep u guys updated and let u knw how it goes tonight when i do it

just wondering why you say to get it up to temperature, when on a car its the opposite and you want to adjust them when the motor is cold?

I adjusted mine cold the first time i did them. As soon as it got up to temp they were knocking around, and actually sounded worse than they did before i did them.

ok so i adjustedit there was 4 valves on the exhaust side that were pretty loose …ran outta energy after working all day then going home to work more…only thing left to do is throw some oil in it and see if its gone… if its not a fellow board member will be getting a pm …cough coughb5a4…:smiley: lol ill keep u guys updated tho

haha. Hopefully all went well. If not let me know.

well i am a complete failure …lol its a little better but still nothing to great…so b5a4 where u located ? and how much lol

what size is your engine?

Is it loud, or not running good? The carbs may need to be synced if they were too far out of spec. Im in clarence, but im all over wny all the time. Let me know if i can be of any assistance.

loud lol its quieter than before tho so id i guess its wasnt a complete failure lol and its a 600 but it for damn sure isnt mine loli got a cbr …

and u can def be of some assistance lol how much u want?

i dont want anything. I’m kinda busy the next couple days though. Maybe thursday night?

thursday night sounds good ill have my buddy get you a case of beer atleast or something … just let me know when u can do it i/he appreciates it alot

Good info here: http://katriders.com/vb/index.php
Katriders helped me when I owned my 600…hope that helps