2006 Nissan Sentra

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Sentra SE-R Spec-V. Here is a photo.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8642/loysentraspecv5ii.jpg
I purchased it from Mills Nissan.
I have been looking at used vehicles the past few weeks, and did not realize the price of these Spec-V’s until I happened upon this one at Mills.

It’s part of the recall…
In the 400 km’s I’ve driven it so far, no visible oil consumption observed on the dip stick.

I was told by one of the managers at Mills (Brian) that they would keep all my warranties valid if I even purchase Nismo parts. I’m thinking of the cat-less header (R-tune??), but will wait for the first couple of oil changes yet.

My first oil change is indicated at 6000 km’s on the “next service” sticker, should I consider this 6000 km’s as the break in period?
Also, I do see that premium is recommended, is it necessary?
From what I have read so far, some Spec-V’s get oil changed at 1000 miles (for their first one) and some just run 87 Octane…

As far as the recall… I’m told by Nissan Canada there is no ‘fix’ plan just yet, and that owners of effected cars are to watch oil levels, and if it dips low I can bring the vehicle back to the dealership to refill or keep receipts of oil purchases to keep a record of it.

I’m still trying to get used to the hydrualic clutch, I’m used to a cable clutch. They both feel quite different I think. I’ve also noticed in the past couple of days while driving with the windows down leaving a couple of stop lights an awkward odour comes into the car, the only way I can describe it is the smell of exhuast with no cats… But it doesn’t happen often enough so I’m considering it just new car smells… (much like the new car noises that seem to happen on some turns and bumps). Also, I’ve got engine block heater listed on my spec sheet but I can’t find my plug.
Other then that I’m enjoying driving this car, it is a base-model Spec-V, but the stereo is good enough for me, and the brakes are enough for my needs.

Since I’ve already written so much, I may as well post a photo of my project car. Here is what it looks like when I first drove it home.
http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7245/starionfrontsmaller6xo.jpg
It is a 1986 Mitsubishi Starion. It needs A LOT of work (I wish I knew just how much, but I am absolutely sure it is A LOT), so that should be a nice learning experience.

And other then that, I try to help do maintenance on my brothers and sisters G20’s (93 P10 and 99 P11) and my moms Ford Windstar 1996.

Thanks for reading.

Hey man, congrats on the buy! You’ll have loads of fun with that car! :smiley:

lol nice… I was going to flyer that car but the guys at mills wouldn’t let me… Nice buy… Should I make you a new sig?

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Yeah I’m enjoying the car so far, the a/c is nice, and it’s nice and quiet and solid while driving along the road.
I read the manual more closely and found the small paragraph saying it’s 2000km’s for a break-in period. I’ll probably head off to the dyno sometime after that to see what it puts to the wheels.

Sure rage_rman! That be cool if you don’t mind. Should I try get a different photo (that one photo is pretty much the best I have right now)?

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4465/dynorun1209aug06forwebtj9.jpg

From the looks of the graph:
141 hp @ 5600 rpm, 151 @ 3800 rpm (red line)

3050 km’s, two dyno runs took 2 km’s.
Will check tomorrow if there is any noticeable oil loss. Dipstick appeared to be at 6/8’s before driving to the dynoshop.

Keywords:
stock, spec-v, 2006, dyno, dynorun, horsepower, hp

Who drove the car? Travis or Carl?

It was travis behind the wheel.
They over layed a previous stock spec-v’s dyno run on mine, and it had around 5 more hp and torque then mine. pretty much the same curves but raised up by 5.

lol that was my spec v… It was 2004. Your Air fuel looks nicer than mine. Must of been the axle back exhaust that made the differnce. I know that is the wost bend in the exhaust section of the spec v.

oh cool. what brand of exhuast was it?
where was your a/f about?

I don’t know what the exhaust was… I baught the car with it on… I’ll post up my dyno numbers tonight…

Here is a run down of my best run.

R/T - .381
60’ - 2.444
330 - 6.851
1/8 - 10.444
MPH - 68.88
1000 - 13.526
1/4 - 16.129
MPH - 87.88

my best time was 15.71, haha how brutal is that, first run last night was terrible caseu it was my first run ever at the track and the sun was right so i couldnt see my tac.
and my reaction was terrible and my starts weren’t that good, haha oh well next time

lol, well that’s less brutal then a 16.1

I did not notice a silver spec-v. I did see a black spec v run, and it did about your time as well. (unless that was actually your spec-v i saw run)

very long line ups there on friday. last time i went out there it was a friday with the oilers playing against anahiem in the playoffs. my friend (that i was there to watch) was able to get 10 runs in!! lol, it was funny becuase the guys at the start line were shrugging their shoulders not knowing what to do with no cars coming…
my friend was basically able to run and go right back to the start line to go again.

we are hoping to have that same luck again next year, and hopefully i can break into the 15’s as well.