2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP spy shots - 240 hp turbo engine

The much-anticipated, high-performance variant of the Pontiac Solstice roadster will be unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show, packing turbo power as we predicted six months ago (News, July 11, 2005).

A 2.0-liter, turbocharged direct-injected four-cylinder making 260 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque will power the Solstice GXP. Look for the boosted Pontiac in showrooms this summer as a 2007 model—at a $4,000 to $5,000 premium over the naturally aspirated Solstice.

260hp sounds nice :slight_smile: I kind of want one. Well a Sky with that engine.

Exactly, but it probably won’t happen though. :tdown:

i hear that…

And i swear i saw one of these cars on a trailer about 2 days ago sitting in a lot

I like the solstice. Looks classy or somethings. Makes me wanna masturbate.

A huge thumbs up to GM for going forward with this. If the quality is there I think this and the SKY will be awesome cars. The styling is definitely decent in my opinion and cars always look diferent in person then in photos.

I just hope GM can get the qality into the finish and materials.

And I liked them since Rick was an itch in his dad’s pants in the back of the Impala…

i am buying a solstice GXP so long as it stays stick

Did you see the latest GRM comparo of the current NA Solstice vs. the '99 Sport Miata and the new '06 MX5 yet? They run Hoosiers on the new cars, along with performance alignments. The '99 Sport they compare against is a nationally competitive car in its class with six years of development behind it.

Anyway, it looks like the Solstice is the real deal. Up to three degrees of negative camber available with the stock suspension. Weight is 2778lbs, and that is with the stock 18x8 24lb wheels. Even with no limited slip in the test car, it was able to run almost even with the '99 Sport. Still on stock shocks and front sway bar. The car has a very good chance of being the car to win the C Stock national championship in '06… :tup:

I don’t fit in them very well

My boss has one of the few '06 soltices in the area. I realy like the car. Looks 10x better in person than in pics. Even though its NA it still has some pep and REALY rides nice and handles awsome. After being in it I totaly changed my mind about them and I am even thinking of getting one next year. Hes planning on autoX next year to learn how to drive the car and see what she can do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/num482/misc/IMG_0005.jpg

^ the cardboard to prevent static tire wear?.. hot ka

naw he just set some down to park on in the back of the warehouse were it sits for the winter.

The grill looks like my electric razor

agreed, 240 hp from a turbo car is a piss poor #

it wouldnt be so bad if chevy could build a motor that revs, but that aint gonna happen … considering some of their passanger trucks used to redline at like 3500 or 4000

ya because it is impossable to make power without reving to 10k :bloated:

Have you seen the…stuff… Cadillac puts on the V-series cars? It’s really hideous.

Maybe if it were less dense and black? It’s a shame, because I really love how the STS looks.

those were 2 seperate comments

it would be nice if it had more hp

it would be nice if it had a better redline

You guys complain about everything. Why not just be happy that there is another fun car to tune coming out? Every car that comes off the line doesnt have to be a technological wonder with insane amounts of power. 260hp in a ~2800lb car FROM THE FACTORY and you guys still complain?

yes … yes we do, because its still ugly, and its still gonna have a cheap interior

if the money isnt buying you quality, horsepower or looks, what EXACTLY IS it buying you ?

Gm has been selling cars with cheap interiors since forever ago. Look at the c5 vettes interior, yet how many of them are on the road everyday? Looks? Thats 100% opinion. I think they look HOT! The fact that they are ls7/1/2/6/105/10,000,001 swappable makes it even hotter. The power rated from the factory doesnt mean shit.

Read Bretts post. At least there is one person who knows what they are talking about. The car should be a serious competetor, and with the modding options it ALREADY has how can you not like it?

Let me just ask again, what kind of car do YOU drive? Is there any aspect of it that even touches the 260hp solstice? Or do you drive another swapped 240 that everybody and their fat girflriend has…