2008 College Football thread

as long as they took care of business. yes. and there were only 2 undefeated teams. Yes.

Then I guess that explains a most of your retarded comments in this thread…like Cutty said STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE…has to factor in…also I call BS if Pitt was in that position your smug ass would be bitching up and down how Pitt had a weak schedule.

:bsflag:

You and every Pitt fan (and a bunch of bandwagon fans from around the burgh) would most likely be spouting off how great Pitt is, blah, blah.

Every team in the country has played lousy teams of varying degrees. PSU has played crappy teams and made decent teams look bad also. Not many teams get road wins against OSU and WISC, also Illinois is/was no slouch. Thus far PSU has done what they needed to do, WIN

USC, Florida, and Oklahoma clearly have not.

The NC game should be earned throughout a seasons performance. Unless a teams one loss has come at the hands of the number one team, they have little ground to claim they should be considered for the #2 slot, and none of the above can claim that distinction.

pitt played no 1AA teams. Penn state played costal carolina(1AA) and probably the worst 1A team…syracuse…and TEMPLE…temple!!! come on. oregon state was the only legit team they played non-conference. Pitt atleast played two MAC teams, iowa, navy and ND @ nd…that deserves a little respect over penn states joke schedule. Penn state clearly didnt have to play Syracuse or temple…they could have easily made that game Pitt! Fuck Penn State. I would love to see them get screwed outta the NC game by a 1 loss team for two reasons

1. i hate them
  2. i hate the bcs and it needs to be exposed.

oklahoma lost to the team that was #1 at the time (texas) who just lost to the current #2 team (texas tech) … who plays oklahoma in two weeks…

just cause you step in the ring doesnt mean you can box.

At least you got the part about the BCS correct.

Oklahoma lost to #5 Texas. Oklahoma was #1 and in the driver’s seat when they blew it. If Texas had ran the table and been at #1 at the end of the season Oklahoma would have an argument for being in the #2 slot. If TTech runs the table and finishes #1, Texas would have an argument (assuming they win out). One of these three teams could have the best one-loss argument at seasons end as I previously mentioned a few posts back.

All the polls during the season just make for good arguments and really are pointless.

Also, in the whole strength of schedule argument, is it better for a team to play 11 turds and the #1 team for a final game as opposed to playing 3-4 top 25ish teams? That seems to be what some think. Also, TTech has played 2 1AA teams this season.

Call BS all you want. I am sure there are a lot of Pitt fans that would say how great they are but I realize what strength of schedule is…and nither Pitt or PSU has a strong enough schedule to justify a shot at the NC this year…so far at least.

thats right texas became #1 after beating oklahoma

TT did play two 1AA’s but syracuse and temple are 1A bottom of the barrell. Personally ND plays a legit Schedule… granted michigan and some others they play this year are down but they play a full schedule full of somebodys.

The only thing Obama has ever been correct on is that he wishes for a playoff for college football.

Here is the strength of schedule of the top tier teams. Alabama has the weakest by far out of all of them.
Oklahoma #1
Texas #7
Florida #11
Texas Tech #16
Oklahoma State #29
PSU #67
Alabama #80

Pitt>Iowa>Penn State TRUTH!

Penn State looked like a damn high school team.

HAHAHAHAHA>>> Riiight! But all BS aside, PSU looked horrible today. they didn’t deserve to win. Can’t get fieldgoals in the redzone and expect to win… FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!! there goes the trip to Florida in Jan. Have to settle for the rose bowl.

Go Gators > * even though i saw Pitt kill Louisville today at heinz.

IOWA

Insert foot in mouth…overrated Penn State lost to Iowa…wow that was a team Pitt beat…you would think the high mighty PSU would have rolled over them. No shot at a NC game which they had no right of even dreaming about…it was a great site seeing all the players and fans crying, made my night. TT won…and it wasn’t even close looks like last week want a fluke. Then WVU lost, wow what a great night for sports.

Pitt gotta get the job done now.

there is one scenario now that is possible that could put Penn State Vs Pitt in the Rose bowl…too much to type thou…

right now im hoping for a Pitt vs Miami/VT/BC bowl game. atleast that game would have some interest unlike Pitt vs anyone else in the ACC.

Well PSU Locked Up the Rose Bowl… But still has a crazy scenario where they could be in the NC game. But there is no way that will happen.
Pitt grabbed their ankles once again and lost to Cincinatti. They stormed the field in Cinci… lol what a joke. Pitt very wel could lose the next 2 games as well. if they do, they should fire wandstedt and refuse a bowl. unfortunately we all now Pitt - PSU was never going to happen in the rose bowl. As they take the big 10 - and pac 10 teams.
I just wish PSU would of showed up like this against Iowa.

on a side note, Oklahoma destroyed TT.

its gonna be gay if we play oregon state again… we crushed them already right?

yeah but they are a different team now then when we beat them. But I am hoping for Orgeon to beat oregon State this coming week. then PSU will play USC… That will be a much bigger tougher test for them.

I still think that Penn St would kill Oregon St again if they end up playing in the Rose Bowl. I know that Jaquizz Rodgers has turned into a break out player and the defense has stepped up but I just do not see it happening. I am sure that the Rose Bowl committee is pulling their hair out at the possibility of a rematch of such a lopsided game in their bowl.

How about the possibility of having Florida, OU, Alabama, Texas and Texas Tech all being one loss teams and all of the losses being to each other aside from Florida. Imagine that controversy surrounding the National Championship.

How about this one: What if in the SEC championship Florida beats Alabama by a last second field goal? Would Florida beating the number one team make them number one? Would Alabama drop to number two since it was a last second loss? Would it be fitting to have a SEC Championship rematch in the BCS championship?

I personally believe its going to be Florida and Oklahoma in the championship game.