2008 import and kit car nationals at Carlisle

Carlisle Import and kit car nationals- Join us for the biggest car show in the Tristate. http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/import/index.asp May 18th-19th. Plan on staying the night. I would like to shoot for the …CLUB TENT We will be trying to get some other local clubs to join up with us and register as the Steel city Alliance.

Details: We need to leave around 6-6:30 AM on the 18th. If we have 25 we can have our own tent for free! Drag racing Friday night, AutoX all weekend, a 1,500 car show field. We will camp all weekend and enjoy a nice cruise back Sunday the 19th. Register here and as long as we get 5+ we get in for only $13 per car! If you register there it will be $30 . The link above will lead you there check it out and register below. All cars are welcome to register below forced induction or not.

Register by April 28th for the $13 deal!
http://www.snailspeedcarclub.com/upcomingevents.htm

You can register on our site and I’ll pay everyone’s way at one time (for the discount) or register on your own for $20 as the Steel city Alliance (so we can get a tent). Just don’t wait untill you get there or after April 28th because the price jumps $10. Thanks

Judging by your car club website you are trying to organize a group for the wrong weekend. DSMs, STI’s, EVO’s etc. are the performance and style group May 9-11. The group the kit car guys are looking to avoid.

Import > Performance and Style. The cars are much more interesting than a bunch of riced out Hondas.

I understand that but it’s a tradition that dates back years. A large group of us had SPG Saabs and I had a Viggen. I brought up the same point but like I said the tradition aspect is more important to us. They have imports there all usually very clean and well done. I think that is what paNX2K&SE-R was referring to. It’s an older crowed than the style and performance. By the way, for some reason there is a large nissan group with 240s-350Zs. Plus on top of that May 10th is our clubs annual show at the Icoplex.

^^^ Yeah you nailed it man ^^^

We also have a group of SR20 guys that have been going to Carlisle off and on since the late 90s (back when the import/kit show was still combined with the custom compact show) and generally prefer the crowds and the cars at the import show.

Crowd is way more mellow. Cars are way more tastefull.

Lets get SR20 guys together this year. Jim can drive again!

I’d go but I think Jim and his crew normally hit the Custom Compact show, not the Import show.

Yea, you are right. He is trying to get me to go to Style and Performance. He tried last year too… I don’t know what I’m doing…

I have been to both many times, and I have picked this one to go to for the last couple years. Its a lot more chill and you get to see some stuff you don’t see everyday. Not to mention its one of the largest SAAB gatherings in the USA.

yep thats the one i go to. been goin since they pretty much started having them. i’ve always wanted to check out the import / kit car show though, but being in the same month, i never can afford too.