2008 IronHorse Sunday Expert DH bike...

I bought this bike in the spring with intentions of doing more downhill riding, I never got around to that and I think I used this bike on tar and streets more than any trail. Finding time to do a downhill run isn’t easy for me, even if I live 20 minutes from a ski area with downhill bike trials. I’ll probably replace it with a hardtail mountain bike. It has some scrapes on the paint, but nothing major and is in excellent shape.

If you are considering using this bike as a daily rider or all around trail bike you may want to give it a second thought. It weighs 44lbs and the bikes geometry sucks for pedaling. Its purpose is to go down a hill quickly. The 8"+ suspension travel is plush and likes to soak up your pedaling power up any hill. Give it a rough downhill and it will take anything, then come back asking for more.

MSRP new was $3199.99, I am asking $2250.00 (firm)
I may decide to keep it and pick up another hardtail bike for trail use if it doesn’t sell, I’m in no hurry to sell this bike.

http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/bikes/sunday/sunday-expert.php#

Specifications:

FRAME 8" TRAVEL dw-link DOWNHILL FRAME, 1.5 HEADTUBE, 150MM X 12MM THRU AXLE HUB SPACING, 83MM BB SHELL, REPLACEABLE DERAILLEUR HANGER, ISCG05 CHAIN GUIDE MOUNT

REAR SHOCK: MARZOCCHI ROCO R, 9.5"X3" 300LBS SPRING
FORK: MARZOCCHI 888RV W/ FLAT CROWN, 203MM TRAVEL
HANDLEBAR: FUNN 318, 30MM RISE, 710MM WIDTH, 31.8MM CLAMP, W/ FUNN COMBAT GRIPS
STEM: FUNN MZX2 DIRECT MOUNT STEM, 31.8MM CLAMP
HEADSET: ORBIT Z 1.5R
BB: FSA MEGAEXO, 83MM
CRANK: FSA GRAVITY MOTO X MEGAEXO DH, 165MM
RINGS: FSA, 36T
PEDALS: CRANK BROS 5050X PLATFORM
CHAIN: SRAM PG-951 W/ POWERLINK
SADDLE: WTB PURE V RACE W/ CROMOLY RAILS
SEATPOST: FUNN SPLINED V3, 30.0MM
F. HUB: ALLOY DH, SEALED BEARING, 110MM X 20MM THRU AXLE, 32H
R. HUB: ALLOY DH, SEALED BEARING, 150MM X 12MM THRU AXLE, 32H
F. DER: E-THIRTEEN STS GUIDE W/ 36T BASHGUARD
R. DER: SRAM X.7 MID CAGE
SHIFTER: SRAM X.5 TRIGGER
CASSETTE: SRAM PG-950, 11/28T, 9 SPEED
BRAKES: AVID JUICY 3 (hydraulic) W/ 203MM ROTORS
BRAKE LEVER: AVID JUICY 3
RIM: SUN RIMS MTX S-TYPE, 32H
SPOKE: DT/SWISS CHAMPION 2.0
TIRES: MAXXIS MINION F DH 3C COMPOUND, 2.7" FRONT/2.5" REAR
SIZE: 17"
WEIGHT: 44.1LBS/20KG

Pics:

awesome bike, GLWS!
and of course, awesome photos like usual :thumbup

If I didnt just drop about $3K on bikes this summer I’d be all over it. I love the DW Link suspension setup its super predictable and incredibly active.

I can vouch though this is a great price based on his pictures showing it is in like new condition.

P.S I kinda wanna steal your photo know how and have you snap pictures out on the trail some time ha ha.

Yep, the dw-Link is very consistent in feel.
I made the mistake of riding a friends hard-tail a couple weeks ago, my legs didnt burn pedaling up a paved hill…or on a flat surface :lol

Very sick bike! GLWS!

Pics obviously awesome.

Ha ha see my hardtail is the tank of my bikes. Its light compared to the Sunday but its still built up with Freeride parts and comes in around 33lbs which is hefty for a bike with no rear suspension. I hate climbing with that thing. Probably why it spends all its time either Urban hucking or being lifted up a mtn via chairlift.

Thats definitely a hefty hardtail.
I like the Trek Elite 9.7 or Trek 8500 hardtails, I would get one or the other if I sold the Sunday, if I keep it I’ll look into a 3900 disc or see what I can find for something in decent shape thats used.

That thing is d0pe.

Really nice bike!!!

I just bought a Giant Yukon FX and I have to agree… I really like my hardtail from a few years ago over the full suspension bike. You definitely work a lot harder with all the suspension!

so can i pretend to have interest and just come over, huck a bunch of stuff, and then kick the tires and say I’ll get back to ya ? :slight_smile:

Shocks, Pegs, LUCKY.

shut up women get on my IRONHORSE!

As long as you leave $2250.00 is US dollars and take the bike with you. :lol

:excited

I tried to get my buddy to buy it from ya, but all he needs/wants is the Sunday Frame I couldnt convince him to buy a 2250 frame that comes with all the extra parts ha ha.

lol, it has some decent components on it. I’d deliver it to the 518 for the above price if he wants…

Bumpity bump bump…

wow that bike is burley